Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Gemini [Mostly Winter] Tire Replacement - Vredestein Quatrac Pro?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got these from Tire Rack and installed after a long wait on backorder.

Like others, super happy with them, as replacements on the 20" inductions. Going to test them in the snow this weekend.

The tread looks
a lot more rugged / winter ready.

TBD on range impact, but I'm happy.

Reactions: Koolio46
Finally got these from Tire Rack and installed after a long wait on backorder.

Like others, super happy with them, as replacements on the 20" inductions. Going to test them in the snow this weekend.

The tread looks
a lot more rugged / winter ready.

TBD on range impact, but I'm happy.
Last update, super happy. If you need one set of year round tires.. these Model Y 20" Quatrac Pros are great.

Minimal range impact from what I can observe. Drove multiple days last week on 6-8 inches of snow covered roads.. no problems, plenty of confidence. Ride Quality / noise good or better than the Goodyears.

We will see how long they last for tread, but really happy with them.. and first non-michelins I bought in ~20 years.

Reactions: Koolio46
Last update, super happy. If you need one set of year round tires.. these Model Y 20" Quatrac Pros are great.

Minimal range impact from what I can observe. Drove multiple days last week on 6-8 inches of snow covered roads.. no problems, plenty of confidence. Ride Quality / noise good or better than the Goodyears.

We will see how long they last for tread, but really happy with them.. and first non-michelins I bought in ~20 years.
I’m seriously considering the Quatrac Pros. What do you think of them now that you’ve used them through winter and summer?

3 season tires. No such thing as all season tires because they all turn to hockey pucks when it's near zero.
All weather tires with 3PMS (severe snow rating) are true 4 season tires. They are different from All Seasons which are in fact 3 season tires due to the rubber compounds used in them becoming firm in cold temps.

I’m seriously considering the Quatrac Pros. What do you think of them now that you’ve used them through winter and summer?
Still love them! Would get them again. I have tried not to care about range impact, I still get ~268-280 Wh/mi with roof racks too. 3 snow flakes ... I would feel comfortable with them in New England winters (grew up in NH).

I know the Cross Climate 2 are supposed to be great too, but these are a great year round tire.

Reactions: Koolio46 and ahcpa
Late to the discussion, but I am getting Quatracs installed on my M3 in a few days. Replacing my OEM MXM4s after nearly 27K. If I lived in a climate that didn’t snow regularly in the winter, I’d probably keep them, but Wisconsin will punish the unprepared.

I’m surprised the reviews on this are so high and the price is so…reasonable!

I will report back after a good romp through snow. Here in SE Wisconsin, we haven’t had any significant snow yet. :(

I have had the Vredstein's on my wifes M3 for about 7k miles now and they are fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone for any vehicle. better ride and quieter than the OE Michelins. I almost want to just get them for the Y already but it only had 2k miles on it.

Goodyear is bringing an EV specific all season tire online in 2022, and starting specifically for the MY 19" format. It's also supposed to be in the high performance category with noise, range, and wear being the priority. Tall order but will be interesting to see.