Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Gemini wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model Y on order and I think those Gemini wheels are ugly as sin. Here is hoping they look better with the plastic covers removed.
:D

2nd option is to bolt on the 18'' wheels from my 3 onto the Y.

I have a Model Y on order and I think those Gemini wheels are ugly as sin. Here is hoping they look better with the plastic covers removed.
:D
Gemini wheels without covers:
modely4.jpeg

I too was also thrown off by what we're thinking the aerocover-removed Gemini rims look like. But thinking back I was also not a fan of the _initial_ look of the Model 3's Aero rims without the covers (definitely don't like it with the covers, but that's a different topic). I think I was thrown off by the lack of a center cap.

The initial Model 3 Aero rims without covers
sddefault.jpg

The lack of center cap just looks terrible! But you throw a center cap in there and some plastic lug covers to match the rim and it clean's up really well and looks quite sharp.
1458216-00-A_0.jpg

Using the Model 3's aero rims as an example, I'm hopeful that the Gemini rims will "clean up" nicely too once you put a center cap on them. They actually remind me of BMW M3 rims from a number of years back

218d396da035.jpg

or these
da908818599e.jpg

I've learned that any rim without a center cap just looks ghastly, so perhaps the Gemini's will turn out OK once you put one in.

These are not the Gemini wheels. Here is a video that shows them in detail with and without covers (and yes with covers they are not very pretty IMHO).

Those solid-spoke wheels are the ones included in the Model 3 Performance winter tire package and are the same as the "Power Sport" wheels on the Chinese Model 3 Performance. Per the Tesla online shop: "This package is only compatible with the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive (Performance) Model 3 configured with 20" Performance Wheel." I haven't seen it confirmed, but they're likely ET35, instead of the ET40 offset for the 19" Sport wheels.

The Model Y 19" Gemini wheels, the ones with twin spokes (aka...Gemini...get it?), will likely have an ET40 offset. So I expect the Gemini covers are the same, but the skeleton wheels have different offsets to be compatible with either the standard rotors on both the 3 and Y or the performance upgrade rotors on both the 3 and Y. At least that's my speculation at this point.

Last edited:
Those solid-spoke wheels are the ones included in the Model 3 Performance winter tire package and are the same as the "Power Sport" wheels on the Chinese Model 3 Performance. Per the Tesla online shop: "This package is only compatible with the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive (Performance) Model 3 configured with 20" Performance Wheel." I haven't seen it confirmed, but they're likely ET35, instead of the ET40 offset for the 19" Sport wheels.

The Model Y 19" Gemini wheels, the ones with twin spokes (aka...Gemini...get it?), will likely have an ET40 offset. So I expect the Gemini covers are the same, but the skeleton wheels have different offsets to be compatible with either the standard rotors on both the 3 and Y or the performance upgrade rotors on both the 3 and Y. At least that's my speculation at this point.
So it looks like the standard Y wheels are the unattractive ones Zoomit showed in his pics above.

It does indeed appear that the 19" Gemini (solid-spoke) wheels available now from Tesla are ET35, per this post: 21" Wheels now on Performance Package

We can also reference part numbers:

1234225-00-B - WHEEL, 19X8.5J ET35, GEMINI
1044235-00-A - 19 INCH GEMINI CAP

These are in the Tesla electronic part catalog if you first change the country to China. There is no picture to confirm the 1234225 wheel is the solid spoke design. But considering it's only listed in the China EPC, where those wheels are sold on Model 3 Performance cars, I don't think there's any question.

The real question remains what is the part number and offset for the twin-spoke wheels seen on the Model Y initial production vehicles.