Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Goodyear Eagle Touring Factory Tires 245/45/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have a set of new 19" Goodyear Eagle Touring tires for sale that came off of a 2017 Tesla Model S. These have about 100 miles on them at most. Tire date is 2017. Asking $450 for them, local pick up. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4749.JPG
    IMG_4749.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_4750.JPG
    IMG_4750.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4751.JPG
    IMG_4751.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4752.JPG
    IMG_4752.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4753.JPG
    IMG_4753.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4754.JPG
    IMG_4754.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 133
So JPUConn,
What do you think they are worth if $450 is too low. Remember that if one buys new they get some kind of Warranty from the tire manufacturer/seller. How much of a reduction in price a used set of tires worth. Ebay is probably your best measure of resale value of ‘take off’ tires. I have seen prices as low as $400

It’s not too low. I only got 13,000 miles out of my last set of these. I wouldn’t pay more than his asking price.
On 19” tires, what kind of driving are you doing that’s impressive! I’d expect that from 21’s but the 19 will go 40-50k with proper rotations and normal driving.

So JPUConn,
What do you think they are worth if $450 is too low. Remember that if one buys new they get some kind of Warranty from the tire manufacturer/seller. How much of a reduction in price a used set of tires worth. Ebay is probably your best measure of resale value of ‘take off’ tires. I have seen prices as low as $400

Didn’t mean to derail this for sale post. My opinion is $5-600 is a fair price and anything lower is an excellent price down to a steal.

... but the 19 will go 40-50k with proper rotations and normal driving.

The only Tesla OEM 19” that has a prayer of getting 50,000 miles is the Michelin Primacy MXM-4. In fact, I got in the mid-50Ks with that set and could easily have gotten 60K out of them. Not bad for a 45K warranted tire.

The maximum I’ve heard of the original Goodyear OEM (Goodyear Eagle RS-A2) getting is 34K, with a single unverified report of 38K. Mine were maybe 1/3 done at 10K miles.

Have heard zero reports of anyone getting 40K with the new Goodyear Eagle Touring (TE) tires. I doubt I’ll get 27K out of mine. All of that said, today I was quoted over $900 not including mounting/balancing for a new set.

So I’d agree - the OP’s price for 100-mile GETs is more than fair and offers an opportunity to judge for yourself how quiet these foam-enhanced tires are compared to whatever you’ve got now.

My own $0.02 is that the GETs haven’t gotten nearly as loud as the Michelins did as they get down to and past 4/32”. So that’s a win if tire noise drives you nuts.

The only Tesla OEM 19” that has a prayer of getting 50,000 miles is the Michelin Primacy MXM-4. In fact, I got in the mid-50Ks with that set and could easily have gotten 60K out of them. Not bad for a 45K warranted tire.

The maximum I’ve heard of the original Goodyear OEM (Goodyear Eagle RS-A2) getting is 34K, with a single unverified report of 38K. Mine were maybe 1/3 done at 10K miles.

Have heard zero reports of anyone getting 40K with the new Goodyear Eagle Touring (TE) tires. I doubt I’ll get 27K out of mine. All of that said, today I was quoted over $900 not including mounting/balancing for a new set.

So I’d agree - the OP’s price for 100-mile GETs is more than fair and offers an opportunity to judge for yourself how quiet these foam-enhanced tires are compared to whatever you’ve got now.

My own $0.02 is that the GETs haven’t gotten nearly as loud as the Michelins did as they get down to and past 4/32”. So that’s a win if tire noise drives you nuts.
I have 32K miles on my GET but looking to replace them soon. Would perhaps have lasted longer if Tesla had not "corrected" my alignment at 25K miles. BTW, only rotated that once at 25K miles.

I got 46k out of eagle RS-A2 on my 2013 RWD S85 and they were not yet at the wear bars when they were replaced (didn’t measure the tread at that time). I replaced them with Goodyear touring on Slipstreams and since sold the car 17k miles later but did swap in snow tires during that time so I don’t have accurate wear data.

My 2015 S70D came with Michelin’s and had 5-6/32nd tread remaining at ~40k miles when I removed them (sold the wheels) which would put it on target for 55-60k mile life if driven to 2/32.

I currently have the Goodyear touring again and am a big fan of tire, though I only put 200 miles on the brand new set before swapping for Michelin XIce3 for winter but I plan to continue to run them in the warmer seasons.

Hello, I have a set of new 19" Goodyear Eagle Touring tires for sale that came off of a 2017 Tesla Model S. These have about 100 miles on them at most. Tire date is 2017. Asking $450 for them, local pick up. Thanks.

Did you switch to a different tire. Would appreciate feedback on the handling characteristics of the goodyears in comparison. Thanks in advance.