Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19 M3P in South Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up this 2019 Model 3 Perf fully loaded.
im a believer lol
Prior tuned daily drivers N54 335i, 4.0TT S6 Audi, Hellcat Charger to name a few.
my daily of three years was a Ram 2500 Powerwagon, so this is a big step.
Employer paid level 2 charging, which will power the bulk of it.

50% windshield and 15% all around. (i was looking to go even darker)
satin frozen vanilla chrome delete is on its way. Trying it out DIY(nikola pro)

all i really want is wider replica rims or aftermarket set to put on more beef. (MPS4S is perfect, just need more of it)
I really want to bag it, but im not sold....every vehicle i have lifted or lowered has had some downfall. And i wont lower it even .5 unless i can go back up at will....(to much rain in south florida...bags may be my only option) MPP has awesome dampers...i just wont go low on a static setup.

for reference, i would go through NT555R drag radials on the hellcat in 2500-3000 street miles only.
i digged, rolled, slipped and skidded that HC every day and the tesla is still the most fun, fastest vehicle i have ever owned.

my gripes-
Iphone is always paired but doesn't automatically connect.
no adjustability to the main display(icon locations or vehicle status sizing)read this is came in an update
FSD needs a lot of work for non highway streets.( in fact, its inferior to most adaptive cruise controls out there)
i say that but it still blows my mind lol

IMG_3386.JPEG
IMG_3384.JPEG
IMG_3364.JPEG

BTW it was used with 8,100 miles and i acquired direct from tesla.

why the hell is the passenger rear tire continuously leaking 40-30psi overnight. Went to 22PSI over an unused weeked.

readjusted the Valve, hopefully its gasket was tweaked and i realigned, but will Tesla take responsibility or are they going to send me to a tire shop? picked it up last monday.

Picked up this 2019 Model 3 Perf...
Prior tuned daily drivers N54 335i, 4.0TT S6 Audi, Hellcat Charger to name a few....
i digged, rolled, slipped and skidded that HC every day and the tesla is still the most fun, fastest vehicle i have ever owned.
i say that but it still blows my mind...

Congrats!

I also had a tuned S6 4.0 TT and at street speeds, it wouldn’t have seen which way the Model 3P went! (over 100 mph the tables would have been turned)

Try posting what you said about the Model 3P on a Hellcat forum! :eek::D

found that pesky nail.... lol
Funny thing is, the first time i tried finding the culprit was after a quick Drift setting test.

The MPS4S picked up all the gravel once it gummed up and i guess i didnt see it. I was totally convinced it was the rim or tire and scheduled a Tesla appointment.

Once i casually drove home at the end of the day, and shed all the gravel, i used summon to locate an actual nail. In the middle of a tread block, so should be good to go..( i lost one plug in the tire/rim void lol) Might need a rebalance.

Understanding how traction control and the power delivery on these 3s work, its mind boggling what they can do.

The drift mode is the best drift ability I have ever experienced in a factory car.
you can hold slides and power out of an apex with no thought.

In the S6, with traction control disabled....you would constantly battle throttle being cut and abs trying to straighten you out. And the AWD was too good.

the hellcat, once in a slide, it takes time and patience to hit that apex and put the power down, because you either need to shift, or wait for the body roll to settle. You couldnt just power out of anything because of the overwhelming power causing more slippage.
That and turning off traction control was a recipe for disaster, so drifting was only possible on wide open solo courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC