Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" original rims on TM3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do not fit. You Would need aftermarket 19s of which there are many options. My winter tires are on my winter wheels and are 18” on a m3p
Damn. I have deliver in Dec, and I dont want to bring a whole set of winter tires with me by public transportation. Cross my fingers somebody wants to buy the 20" original from me.

@MasterC17 you certainly have longer experience than I, what about the hub difference with the performance? I thought for sure the silver 19s would not work as I was also interested in them as an alternate wheel and that the brakes or the hub were the issue. Thank you for your insight.

All OEM 19" Wheels (and 18", for that matter) manufactured from mid-2018 and later have the cutout on the back of the wheel to accommodate the Performance stepped hub. The 18's will clear the front brakes, but do not clear the rear brakes without modification. The 19's bolt right on.

They will not anymore. Before you could order with or without the PUP, now you get one package and that's it.
Ah, no dice then. Over here there's 0% tax on EVs, so when you buy one you pay 0% on all the equipment. However, anything you buy after has the regular tax. So 19" winter tires after delivery cost more than 20" winter tires included in the purchase.

Ah, no dice then. Over here there's 0% tax on EVs, so when you buy one you pay 0% on all the equipment. However, anything you buy after has the regular tax. So 19" winter tires after delivery cost more than 20" winter tires included in the purchase.

Oh yeah, VAT is a killer in Europe. When I was in Germany they gave people in the military a couple of exemptions per year so we would always buy big ticket items at once to fall under those. Personally I'm not a fan of 20" either. They look great, but that's it.. Tires are more expensive, they're heavier, the ride comfort sucks etc.