Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" replacement OEM tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Continental ProContact RX still the OEM tire of choice? What does a new Model 3 with the 19" wheel option come with? Just looking to see if I should (or can) get the same tires as what the car came with when new. I would prefer something Tesla-specific (i.e., with the foam inner lining) if possible.

Tire Rack's website is usually good for listing all OE tire options for a given car + OE wheel size (as long as the tires haven't been discontinued).

I see only the Conti ProContact RX as a Tesla OE option for Model 3 19" sizing. There are more Tesla OE tires that would fit the Model 3 19" wheels, but in sizes with too large a diameter for a Model 3, meant for Model S or Model Y.

I don't blame you for preferring the foam liner, but since there's only 1 Tesla-spec tire in this size and you seem to be looking for something different, I don't think you should limit yourself. Other aspects of the tire make a much bigger difference and there's lots of great tire options out there, depending on what kind of tire you're looking for.

I'll also note that 235/40R19 seems to be a rather expensive tire size. 245/40R19 would also fit the Model 3 with the 19x8.5" OE wheels perfectly, it's a cheaper size, and would give you slightly more tread width & sidewall height - a good thing in my opinion. Just be sure to stick with XL load rating, 96+ load index, and preferably W or higher speed rating (for all-seasons or summer tires; lower speed rating is fine as long as you don't drive faster than the rating).

It's not that I'm looking for something other than the OEM Contis... I actually haven't found much about them to complain about. Just wanted to see if there was something new/updated. Doesn't look like it. I had to look a little more closely on Tire Rack, BTW. For MY2018, they don't show the OEM Contis when filtering on "OEM", although they're there if the filter is disabled. That caused me to miss them at first...

Just wanted to see if there was something new/updated. Doesn't look like it. I had to look a little more closely on Tire Rack, BTW. For MY2018, they don't show the OEM Contis when filtering on "OEM", although they're there if the filter is disabled. That caused me to miss them at first...
The OE Conti ProContact RX T0 spec tires that came on your car are no longer available and have been replaced with a T1 spec. Surely the tires are similar but Tesla or Michelin wanted to changed something enough to warrant revising the spec. The T1 spec tires show up on tirerack.com as Original Equipment if you select MY22.

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo3 T0 tires are also a good choice in my experience, if you want to minimize the compromises for a performance-oriented summer tire.

Last edited:
The OE Conti ProContact RX T0 spec tires that came on your car are no longer available and have been replaced with a T1 spec. Surely the tires are similar but Tesla or Michelin wanted to changed something enough to warrant revising the spec. The T1 spec tires show up on tirerack.com as Original Equipment if you select MY22.

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo3 T0 tires are also a good choice in my experience, if you want to minimize the compromises for a performance-oriented summer tire.
I also am looking to replace the tires on my M3 AWD (19 inch). I looked at Tire Rack which does not say which brand is OE replacement. Does it really matter if I buy the tires at the same size? I have no ideas what is T0 vs T1.

I just ordered Hankook Ventus S1 EVO3 from Tire Rack. Apparently it is now the OEM tire for M3. I also ordered the installation from Tire Rack Mobile install service for $30 per tire. They will come in 2 days to install. It beats waiting at Costco.

FYI this tire is on closeout on tirerack.com now. I wonder if they're just stopping selling it, or if Continental is not making it any more....

Linky

EDIT - Talked to tirerack.com and Continental is actually discontinuing the original ProContact and they now have a T2 version. Link here. No idea what the difference is, but it's still a Tesla OEM tire it seems. The tirerack.com guy said there's an extra layer of sidewall or something, but that's all he knew.

Last edited:
I just ordered Hankook Ventus S1 EVO3 from Tire Rack. Apparently it is now the OEM tire for M3. I also ordered the installation from Tire Rack Mobile install service for $30 per tire. They will come in 2 days to install. It beats waiting at Costco.
This tire seems to be their "summer only" offering, whereas the Continental is their all season offering.

Tires are really complicated to sort through!

Last edited:
FYI this tire is on closeout on tirerack.com now. I wonder if they're just stopping selling it, or if Continental is not making it any more....

Linky

EDIT - Talked to tirerack.com and Continental is actually discontinuing the original ProContact and they now have a T2 version. Link here. No idea what the difference is, but it's still a Tesla OEM tire it seems. The tirerack.com guy said there's an extra layer of sidewall or something, but that's all he knew.
As mentioned in the other linked thread, this report was in error as it referred to Model Y tires, not Model 3.

The 235/40R19 ProContact RX T1 tire is still available for the Model 3. It remains as probably the most EV-friendly all season tire in that size.

Reactions: dcdttu