TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

19"s come with what tire?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by RyanDe680, Aug 15, 2017.

1. RyanDe680

RyanDe680 Member

I'm curious as to what brand / style your S came with if you ordered the 19s? All seasons?

I'm looking at AWD and while I like the 21s a lot, I dont want to have to be switching wheels to deal with the winter and keep a separate set of wheels & tires.

Thanks!

2. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

They came with Goodyear or Michelin.

3. CameronB

CameronB Member

I have the Goodyear ones. I think I'd have preferred the Michelins, but so far no real complaints. That said when they do wear out I will probably switch to Michelin.

4. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

Came with Michelin Primacy MXM4

5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

do yourself a big favor and avoid the 21" wheels, they are prone to cracking, especially in a northern climate with potholed roads. the tire wear on the 21"s are poor as well. do a search here and there should be many discussions regarding this.

6. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

@RyanDe680, if you are looking at just one set of wheels, go with the 19s. As @kort677 mentions, anywhere with potholes isn't a great fit for the 21s. We've seen stories of people popping two tires on a single pothole! Now, if you decided you wanted to switch between summer/fall 21s and winter/spring 19s, that could work - but you'd need to store the second set.

7. RyanDe680

RyanDe680 Member

Thank you guys for the replies. 19s with the A/S seem to the way to go. My other vehicle I changed out the A/S after 25k miles since they were noisy and ended up with Michelin's...

8. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

Mine came with Michelin Primacy MXM on 2015 70D

@ 38k with still good thread, changed to Pirelli C AS P7. Oh it's quiet!