Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Sport Wheels Return to UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In view of this recent change, I would be interested to know (as a potential, still sitting on the fence, M3 buyer) if there is any noticeable difference (apart from the obvious visual one) in the 18" aeros and these 19" sports wheels - I am referring specifically to range difference and ride comfort difference.

I have the 19" - but had them from delivery so have nothing to compare with.

My range does seem lower than what others have reported - over 3k miles my average is around 330W/Mi but that is short journeys (and its been cold !) Range isnt an issue for me as I have a charger at home and work and longer journeys are done in our other car as its bigger and frankly we (I !) don't mind sticky sweets, spillages and scuff marks in it (3 kids)

Ride quality is pretty good - I came from 19" on my last car and these are much better, they aren't particularly low profile which helps.

How are people finding the 19" with the UK roads / potholes in winter?

I've read plenty of reviews of people complaining that the 20" are commonly becoming damaged, but are the 19" with 235/40/19 tyres on any better and suffer the same problem?

Thanks
Scott

The roads around here are pretty grim, but the 19" wheels don't seem to have a problem coping with them. If anything, I'd say they were significantly better than the 19" wheels and tyres fitted to the i3, and they don't seem noticeably worse than the 15" wheels fitted to my last two Prius's.

Reactions: drewpost
I was maybe going to go aftermarket 18" in due course, but if this option had been on the table when I ordered.......o_O. Still time to change it I suppose but matt black TST 18" at circa £1,300 including shipping from US are still cheaper than these Tesla 19"