Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" tires on Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So @jebinc 's post in the LR thread, showing his plaid with 19" wheels, and cross referencing with the tires that fit the new Model S on Tirerack, it looks like the ones on his are summer tires. Below is a screenshot. At the time of writing we don't yet know of any TMC folks who have taken LR with these 19"s so can't confirm if the tires are different on LR vs Plaid. Any thoughts? I for one was hoping for some all-seasons, as I might be taking delivery in November in the NE.

Plaid19_Tires.png

So @jebinc 's post in the LR thread, showing his plaid with 19" wheels, and cross referencing with the tires that fit the new Model S on Tirerack, it looks like the ones on his are summer tires. Below is a screenshot. At the time of writing we don't yet know of any TMC folks who have taken LR with these 19"s so can't confirm if the tires are different on LR vs Plaid. Any thoughts? I for one was hoping for some all-seasons, as I might be taking delivery in November in the NE.

View attachment 696531
To reiterate what I’ve posted a few times, my SA assured me my 19” would be AS. Hopefully I’ll see in a couple weeks. 😀

View attachment 696531
Yep, here are my tires…
36AA285E-CCC1-470A-85E4-7F6FBFCCC6A7.jpeg

Attachments

• 3BFCB1D7-61ED-41A6-8F12-FA6E575656BD.jpeg
    3BFCB1D7-61ED-41A6-8F12-FA6E575656BD.jpeg
    787.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 23A1B0CB-B14A-4150-AD93-F885CDBD9F18.jpeg
    23A1B0CB-B14A-4150-AD93-F885CDBD9F18.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
  • Helpful
Reactions: All In
From other owners pictures, it looks like it has the PZ4 logo. So these are Pirelli high performance summer tires. They also have Elect on them which are tires for EVs. So these are PZ4 Elect which seems very new as there is no information on Pirelli website or tirerack. But if they are similar to the regular PZ4, they are awesome summer tires with a twist to make them better for EVs' high torque at 0 rpm and hard acceleration.

From other owners pictures, it looks like it has the PZ4 logo. So these are Pirelli high performance summer tires. They also have Elect on them which are tires for EVs. So these are PZ4 Elect which seems very new as there is no information on Pirelli website or tirerack. But if they are similar to the regular PZ4, they are awesome summer tires with a twist to make them better for EVs' high torque at 0 rpm and hard acceleration.
@AMGF I was hoping the 19s would be all season. They are not. They are Summer Sport Pirelli's. Full stop. :(

@AMGF I was hoping the 19s would be all season. They are not. They are Summer Sport Pirelli's. Full stop. :(
Yes they are. I personally love that. I live in the snow belt and 4 seasons are useless in the winter and not very good in the summer. Plus I think all seasons and 1020hp/1050lbs of torque is a bad idea anyway. You’ll never feel the true power if the power is held back by the traction control because of lack of grip.

As much as it sucks, I think it is best to have this type of power with proper tires for the job.