Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to try working on that in the spring.

I figure I'll try the easy route first: dismount the wheel, scrub the rust with CarPro Iron-X and Sonax Full Effect, dry, and then coat the region. I can usually get it decently clean just by spraying Iron-X on the area, but I must admit that unless it's sanded and repainted, it will probably have some rust.

What torque wrench do you use?

I'd love to know if anyone has tackled the rust on the rotor hats yet. I have it, too. It's only between the gaps in the wheel spokes. Looks like it might have been caused by overspray when someone sprayed a harsh wheel cleaner on the wheel, either Tesla when they prepped it, or my detailer (who I would think would know better and/or use safe products). I only ever use soap and water on the wheels.

Probably worth starting a new thread on this topic.

I figure I'll try the easy route first: dismount the wheel, scrub the rust with CarPro Iron-X and Sonax Full Effect, dry, and then coat the region. I can usually get it decently clean just by spraying Iron-X on the area, but I must admit that unless it's sanded and repainted, it will probably have some rust.

Thanks, I'll try that when I rotate. By "coat the region" do you mean with the same products or something else?

Thinking about ordering early for my All Season set. I have on my car now Rial Lugano 19 inch Gunmetal set with Blizzaks and am very happy. I also have black on silver center cap stick which is perfect. Now I'm thinking of going with a Silver set for my All season. Thinking of Bridgestone Serenity vs Michiline Primacy. My car is Pearl White. What do you guys think of which Tire is better? Also, what color combo of center wheel cap from 3Dcarsticker.com?

The stickers arrived today, just in time for delivery tomorrow! The size is perfect for the Rial Lugano caps. I ordered 58mm and they are actually about 57.3mm, but they just nicely cover the domed part of the cap without hanging over the beveled sides. However, I had trouble getting the edges to stick because of the "dome". I could bend them enough to stick down but then after a few minutes they popped up so that only the center was still stuck. I ended up using double-sided tape (the clear rubbery 3M stuff) and I think they'll hold now.

And the "silver" colour is really a very pale grey. For me it's OK 'cause the car is white.

Here are the stickers on the white backing so you can see the colour:

View attachment 37979

And the finished product:

View attachment 37980
View attachment 37981

Peter are those stickers White background with Black Tesla Symbol? About to order my All Season Set Since the Rials are really backordered in Silver

Thanks ordered White Background with Black Tesla Logo 3DStickers. My Winter Set 3Dsticker Black Background with Silver Logo looks perfect with GunMetal Rial Lugano Wheels and Blizzak Tires. The Rials I ordered for spring wont be in stock till Mid to late Feb -- Perfect since I won't need till then.

Thanks ordered White Background with Black Tesla Logo 3DStickers. My Winter Set 3Dsticker Black Background with Silver Logo looks perfect with GunMetal Rial Lugano Wheels and Blizzak Tires. The Rials I ordered for spring wont be in stock till Mid to late Feb -- Perfect since I won't need till then.

So my one Blizzak tire kept leaking air. Took to shop and no damage. Called Tirerack and they were great they shipped me a new tire overnight. Had it put on and all is well. Only thing the stupid tire installer put his filthy hand on my front pillar so now I have figure out best way to clean it.

So my one Blizzak tire kept leaking air. Took to shop and no damage. Called Tirerack and they were great they shipped me a new tire overnight. Had it put on and all is well. Only thing the stupid tire installer put his filthy hand on my front pillar so now I have figure out best way to clean it.

If you think that's filthy.....

stBsar7.jpg

I believe I have the Goodyear all seasons as stock tires for the 19 inch wheels. Can anyone confirm whether the 19 inch Rial Luganos will work with the stock Goodyear tires (dimensions, etc.)? I love my gunmetal wheels (with winter tires) so much I might want to make the stock 19 inch wheels my winter wheels and enjoy the Rials throughout the better times of the year!

The rials are 19x8.5 right? I have the oem goodyears on 8.5" wide rims, not a problem.

I believe I have the Goodyear all seasons as stock tires for the 19 inch wheels. Can anyone confirm whether the 19 inch Rial Luganos will work with the stock Goodyear tires (dimensions, etc.)? I love my gunmetal wheels (with winter tires) so much I might want to make the stock 19 inch wheels my winter wheels and enjoy the Rials throughout the better times of the year!