Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting tidbit:

I'm currently in the process of ordering a set of Rial Luganos for use on my S this coming winter. The shop I'm ordering them from said Rial now has two variations of the wheel;

1) the original type, sized to fit Rial center caps (incompatible with Tesla wheel caps)

2) A new variation, sized to fit Tesla OEM center caps

This last type is apparently backordered until late Sept/early Oct, but I'm inclined to wait for the convenience of being able to use my original wheel caps.

Anyone else heard of this? What does Tirerack say?

The wheels that will use OE caps are due the first week of October. Pricing will remain unchanged vs. existing version.

The TSportline 19 inch wheel looks so much like the 21 inch Tesla wheel that when I was at the Tesla Rockville Service Center recently over a TPMS issue, they set the TPMS sensors as being installed in the 21 inch wheels. I had to have them re-do it, so that they were set for 45 psi (pressure specified for the 19 inch tires).

I am interested as well, what website are you looking at? I found them on tirerack.com bot no mention of OEM center hole...

They are not currently listed anywhere on Tirerack. I was just inquiring as to how the would be listed when the time came.

For anyone interested:

I opted to forgo the Rials in favor of silver TSTs after all. My reasons for doing so are as follows:

1) The OEM compatible Rials are not expected until October. This is a bit tight for my liking since the temps here will be dropping by then.

2) The TSTs are not part of a tire package, so this would allow me to shod them in Nokian Hakka R2's rather than Michelins. I can get the Nokians at a good price from my local Kal Tire ($10 off per tire in exchange for a ride in the Model S :cool:).

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I really enjoyed the look and performance of the Rials last winter. Coupled with the Xi3s, this was a great combo. I did take some liberty to customize the center caps and I just ordered 4 more center caps that I will send down, prime and paint with a Tesla T.

See: 19 Turbine Wheel Solution - Page 49

I have a gunmetal paint from Cadillac that matches reasonably well, but I'd like to find a closer match.

Last edited:
Here is a Picture of my 3Dsticker centercap with original Rial centercap and also the optional hardware section Centercap. I put the sticker on inside and left it on the heat vent overnight. Hopefully mine won't come loose. If it does I'll worry about it in the spring.View attachment 39088

Got these center caps from 3DStickers for my 19" RIALs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 9.34.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 9.34.27 PM.png
    247.3 KB · Views: 681
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 9.33.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 9.33.45 PM.png
    337.2 KB · Views: 652
I talked to Tirerack about the 19 inch Rial Luganos that are due in mid October and that fit the factory center cap pieces. They told me those wheels could not be ordered in the titanium gunmetal. They would be offered in a new color, Graphite silver. They sent me a photo of the color. My question to the group is which is closer to the OEM Tesla grey 21 inch turbine grey....this new Rial Lugano Graphite Silver color or the 19 inch TST grey color?
Graphite Silver.png

By the look of the picture, the newer graphite silver looks closer to the stock grey. The older gunmetal Rials were much darker and closer to black rather than the oem grey.

Still like the gunmetal color though.

I got my oem 19s powder coated anthracite grey, and it's close to the oem grey.

They are not currently listed anywhere on Tirerack. I was just inquiring as to how the would be listed when the time came.

For anyone interested:

I opted to forgo the Rials in favor of silver TSTs after all. My reasons for doing so are as follows:

1) The OEM compatible Rials are not expected until October. This is a bit tight for my liking since the temps here will be dropping by then.

2) The TSTs are not part of a tire package, so this would allow me to shod them in Nokian Hakka R2's rather than Michelins. I can get the Nokians at a good price from my local Kal Tire ($10 off per tire in exchange for a ride in the Model S :cool:).

Did you put the TSTs on your car yet? I just got mine, but I'm waiting to put them on with winter tires, which in Vancouver should be at least another month. I'd love to see photos.

Anyone install the Graphite Silvers with Tesla stock grey caps? Do they match color wise?

I talked to Tirerack about the 19 inch Rial Luganos that are due in mid October and that fit the factory center cap pieces. They told me those wheels could not be ordered in the titanium gunmetal. They would be offered in a new color, Graphite silver. They sent me a photo of the color. My question to the group is which is closer to the OEM Tesla grey 21 inch turbine grey....this new Rial Lugano Graphite Silver color or the 19 inch TST grey color?
View attachment 58917

I'm very happy with my Rials but the reason I bought them in the first place was because they were significantly less expensive than the stock Tesla rims at the time. If the price is now similar, I'd probably go with the stock rims.