Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" tyre suggestions for P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my car at the service centre last week and was told that my rear tires are close to needing replacement. A bit disappointing that I've only gotten 13000 km out of them. Reading around I suspect that my alignment may have been out as that can apparently speed the wear. They did realign the wheels at my first annual service. I do enjoy accelerating just as much as the next guy, assuming the next guy is an acceleration-addicted maniac...

Anyway, I've heard many people say many things about tyre choice for the Model S. The service centre suggested just putting the same stock Goodyear Eagles on, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or recommendations or good sources of info on the topic (I googled and failed).

Pilot Sport 3's. I've got them on my P85D and at 18,000kms I'm guessing they are 1/2 worn. Had them on my previous car and wouldn't fit anything else. They are quiet and very good in the wet.

Totally agree with Andrew on this, note your energy use at change over, the new tyres should give the best energy results from 5000km onwards ( depending on the weather and heater use)

Thanks for the info everyone. So it sounds like people like Michelins which is what I have heard previously. Am I correct that the A/S 3+ is not available in Australia? I have heard of people importing tyres like these in the past. Does anyone have any info about this or should I just get the Pilot Sport 3 available locally.