TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

19" tyre suggestions for P85

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by gizmonty, Apr 28, 2016.

1. gizmonty

gizmonty Member

I had my car at the service centre last week and was told that my rear tires are close to needing replacement. A bit disappointing that I've only gotten 13000 km out of them. Reading around I suspect that my alignment may have been out as that can apparently speed the wear. They did realign the wheels at my first annual service. I do enjoy accelerating just as much as the next guy, assuming the next guy is an acceleration-addicted maniac...

Anyway, I've heard many people say many things about tyre choice for the Model S. The service centre suggested just putting the same stock Goodyear Eagles on, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or recommendations or good sources of info on the topic (I googled and failed).

2. AndrewNSW

AndrewNSW Member

Pilot Sport 3's. I've got them on my P85D and at 18,000kms I'm guessing they are 1/2 worn. Had them on my previous car and wouldn't fit anything else. They are quiet and very good in the wet.

3. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

Totally agree with Andrew on this, note your energy use at change over, the new tyres should give the best energy results from 5000km onwards ( depending on the weather and heater use)

4. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Michelin Pilot Primacy 3ST or Pilot sport 3. Both these come recommended.

5. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

At 20000 km my original Eagles look very good although they have not been professionally checked. Rotated at 8000. My guess is the alignment issue you had.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

For all seasons, I'm liking the A/S 3+ so far (on the P85D).

7. gizmonty

gizmonty Member

Thanks for the info everyone. So it sounds like people like Michelins which is what I have heard previously. Am I correct that the A/S 3+ is not available in Australia? I have heard of people importing tyres like these in the past. Does anyone have any info about this or should I just get the Pilot Sport 3 available locally.

8. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

#8 doctorwho, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Unfortunately my Goodyears still have well over 6mm tread depth on them after 40,000km:oops: I'll looking at Conti Silents after the Goodyears finally wear out as they will be quiet, the Goodyears are so noisy

9. gizmonty

gizmonty Member

It's the pedal on the right that makes them wear down apparently.

• Funny x 2