TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

19" wheel widths different?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by solar powered, Jun 6, 2013.

1. solar powered

solar powered Member

In the tire and wheel specifications section of the owner safety manual, it states that the front 19" wheels are 8" wide and the rear are 9" wide, while the 21's are 8.5" wide. Can any owner with 19" wheels confirm this? I imagine it is difficult to measure. Did anyone have their tires rotated? What kind of pattern did they use?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

That was determined to be a misprint. All the 19" wheels are 8" wide.

3. solar powered

solar powered Member

jerry33
    Thank you! What a relief!
    I noticed that when my friend and fellow Tesla owner was questioning the 129 ft-lbs of wheel lug torque. That figure seems to have been corroborated in several threads here.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The Corvette's is 135 ft-lbs so it's not as if no other car uses those kinds of torque settings. Thing is, most people are used to Corollas and such that weigh half as much and don't put out nearly the g-forces.