Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm beyond thrilled with my decision to get the 19" wheel set from TSportline for my MYP. I got them equipped with the Michelin CrossClimate2's and haven't looked back. I live in Boise, which gets a little bit of snow in the city, but lots of snow in the mountains. I wanted to have a softer ride than the stock 21's and also wanted to stop worrying as much about curb rash. Can confirm that even those they're snow rated tires, they are remarkable quieter than the stock tires. I also love the more aggressive looking tread pattern on these tires too. Drove into the mountains last night and they were beyond capable in a few inches of snow too. Anyway, just wanted to share this for anyone looking to take the plunge on moving from 21" to 19" - it's worth it in my opinion.

tempImageitnblX.jpg

tempImageQiRcz6.jpg

tempImage8bUPmU.jpg

tempImage7FL7rI.jpg

I'm beyond thrilled with my decision to get the 19" wheel set from TSportline for my MYP. I got them equipped with the Michelin CrossClimate2's and haven't looked back. I live in Boise, which gets a little bit of snow in the city, but lots of snow in the mountains. I wanted to have a softer ride than the stock 21's and also wanted to stop worrying as much about curb rash. Can confirm that even those they're snow rated tires, they are remarkable quieter than the stock tires. I also love the more aggressive looking tread pattern on these tires too. Drove into the mountains last night and they were beyond capable in a few inches of snow too. Anyway, just wanted to share this for anyone looking to take the plunge on moving from 21" to 19" - it's worth it in my opinion.

View attachment 879913
View attachment 879914
View attachment 879915
View attachment 879916
The car looks great! Wow! And, the 19"s don't look too small/out of place. Really nice wrap too!

I have been shopping for 20" rims, but now may go with 19's as your car looks so good. I assume you went with 19's instead of 20's to improve ride, cheaper tires, better economy.

Did you think about going 20's? Any other reason/s you decided on the 19's?

Reactions: BearlyAdulting
The car looks great! Wow! And, the 19"s don't look too small/out of place. Really nice wrap too!

I have been shopping for 20" rims, but now may go with 19's as your car looks so good. I assume you went with 19's instead of 20's to improve ride, cheaper tires, better economy.

Did you think about going 20's? Any other reason/s you decided on the 19's?
To be honest, I didn’t even consider 20’s. I wanted to get the softest ride possible and figured it had to be 19’s. No complaints about the look either. Hard to tell size the difference in person.

Reactions: VegasMYP
Yup, squared config now. Out the door with shipping was $4100. That'll be offset when I sell the Uberturbines though
Do you know if there are lots of people trying to sell their Uberturbines too? I wonder what is the average price for selling them.

Also how about the riding comfort after switching to 19”. Can you compare it to some other car model that is known by most people?

I opted for the "squared" 18s for my 2022 PMY.
howQI9U.jpg

What a night and day difference, my wh/mi dropped from 296 to 266 (under similar driving conditions and my 0-60 and 1/4 miles times improved(based on my DRAGY), and the car rides and feels so much better. I prefer the look of a "meaty" tire. Not sure what advantages the 21s offer with the ultra-low profile tires aside from looks on a DD on crapy roads.

Tesla would offer a "smaller" tire option for folks that live where potholes have their own zip codes. I no longer fear potholes or curbs.

I tried to sell my mint UTs for $2K and the best someone offered was $1600. So I will keep them and put them back on when I trade my Y in a year or two.

Reactions: skiwhmts
I opted for the "squared" 18s for my 2022 PMY.
howQI9U.jpg

What a night and day difference, my wh/mi dropped from 296 to 266 (under similar driving conditions and my 0-60 and 1/4 miles times improved(based on my DRAGY), and the car rides and feels so much better. I prefer the look of a "meaty" tire. Not sure what advantages the 21s offer with the ultra-low profile tires aside from looks on a DD on crapy roads.

Tesla would offer a "smaller" tire option for folks that live where potholes have their own zip codes. I no longer fear potholes or curbs.

I tried to sell my mint UTs for $2K and the best someone offered was $1600. So I will keep them and put them back on when I trade my Y in a year or two.
I’d always want to keep the oem wheels when going aftermarket just to be able to put them back on when selling/trading in. I feel like it’s just better to have the car as close to stock as possible. I’d rather try to sell the aftermarket wheels later.