TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

19" wheels for the MX?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by CurrentRide, Mar 28, 2017.

1. CurrentRide

CurrentRide Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    Tesla sells (and multiple TMC members have purchased) a 19 inch winter wheel-tire package for the MX. Has anyone yet put summer or all-season tires on these wheels for warm-weather driving? There are range, noise, and ride-comfort advantages to the 20" wheels compared to 22" rims. Perhaps 19" wheels offer further incremental improvements?

I am learning to fix curb rash myself with a combination of sanding, Bondo, paint, and clear coat. But, I would love to make these skills unnecessary with smaller wheels if other advantages collectively outweigh decremental changes in performance and appearance.

Any personal testimonials?