Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Winter Wheels + New Winter Tires for MS 2012-2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 Plaid arrived way sooner than expected, so I am selling my beloved 19" Basic Wheels from 2015 (used on P85D and P100D). These are the wheels originally included as standard on Model S vehicles prior to 2016. They work on any 2012-2020 MS. Mine are fitted with NEW Pirelli Winter SottoZero 3 tires with ONLY 1,000 miles on them. The wheels come with the original TPM. I am asking only $1,250 for the full set. The condition of wheels is fine for five Chicago winters. Must be picked up in Chicago North Suburbs.

Images

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • Pirelli.jpg
    Pirelli.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 50
That is not actually correct. The bolt pattern is still 5x120 with the same hub bore, so they will fit on your Plaid. The only difference is the offset, so unless you want them to sit deep in the wheel well you could just run spacers (and keep your beloved 19" basic wheels).

Have you seen any reports of people mounting pre-Plaid 19's onto the Plaid? I think most of us know that the bolt pattern and hub bore are identical, but the thing that hasn't been clear is if the older 19's will clear the brakes and suspension (without using spacers).

Have you seen any reports of people mounting pre-Plaid 19's onto the Plaid? I think most of us know that the bolt pattern and hub bore are identical, but the thing that hasn't been clear is if the older 19's will clear the brakes and suspension (without using spacers).
To answer your question, no I have not seen anyone run the older 19"s without spacers, because it would look horrible. Can they be mounted, I am fairly certain they can because the older brakes were large Brembos also and they cleared no problem. I am just saying that if I liked the the wheel (and I do because they were my snow set-up too) and I wanted to keep them, I would just run spacers. They are just for winter tires, right? Performance should not be a consideration and if you are driving too hard to be concerned about spacers, you are driving too hard on winter rubber.