Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1900 Nema 14-50 installation in a Condo, expensive or fair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the bid $2,400 for 50 amp breaker and 300 foot run. Then Condo Board approval less than two days after turning in my application. I'm thankful everything was went quickly.

Tried to order a HPWC from Tesla. They're on back order 3-4 weeks. My installation was scheduled for May 5 & 6th. I'll call around see is they are available outside of our area. May be installing a NEMA14-50 plug after all.

Called the Dania Beach and Tampa Service Centers no luck finding a HPWC. Called The St. Louis Service Center and Merlin their Parts Advisor was able to locate one in Canada. He shipped to me and it arrived yesterday. It will be great to be able to plug in overnight.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
My 209 volt HPWC is installed and working. It's on a 50 amp breaker and adding 25 miles of range for every hour charged.

Great having charging at home. Will make our trip to TeslaDrive 16 more enjoyable. Will be able to range charge right before we leave.

Suncoast Electric did a great job. Took them a day and a half.

FWIW, our house in Marco Island only has a standard 120/15 (112 miles / 24 hrs). That's been fine for us for the couple of months we're there. We do ride bikes for most stuff on island though so it's not unusual for the car to remain plugged in for days at a time. Even when it was raining a lot this past winter we'd always have enough charge even when driving to breakfast, stores, lunch, and Naples for dinner.

I know that won't work for everyone but it did for us. OTOH, I've been glad on a few occasions to have 80 amps of HPWC and dual chargers at home.

I had to run the electric from my condo unit to our garage space. So while they were doing it just had them run the 204v/50a service to the garage. Many Tesla owners have told me that they get by on 120/15 service. It's great having my S happily plugged in.

Car will be going into climate controlled storage for the summer on Marco.