Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1966 Tesla Model R

MDR SEA

2015 Model S 85D, 2016 Model X 90D
Dec 29, 2016
Pac NW
1966 Tesla.jpg

Those were simpler times.
so were the early 1900's.

9T69kpk.jpg

I look at that advertising from the times and think, she's driving, she's hot, and she's got a dog!

The truth is back then, women had issues cranking ICE engines to start them. so electrics catered to the ladies. i learned that from Jay Leno on one of his shows. He has an old Baker.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Brando and dhrivnak

MDR SEA

2015 Model S 85D, 2016 Model X 90D
Dec 29, 2016
Pac NW
And neither about belts, airbags, name it. And TBH I never needed any of them in my entire life yet, it's just carried around additional weight that polluted the environment for no reason.
Dunno about that.
A few years back, my shoulder belt kept my face from my windshield.
I appreciated that.

Reactions: Brando and dhrivnak

Brando

Sep 27, 2016
Bainbridge Island, WA
Model 3 [1 motors]
Model Y [1 motors]
SEMI [4 motors]
Roadster [3 motors]

Might all these be the same motor?
Seems Model 3 may get AC induction motor for the front (rather than the "reluctance type rear motor)".

Devil always in the details of the actual costs. But consider the "economies of scale" IF all these motors are the same or share many parts.

Right now, it would seem all Tesla vehicles will eventually have the 2170 cell - and all storage products as well.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC