TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

1985 VW CityStromer (factory-built EV)

Discussion in 'Other Cars for Sale' started by aminorjourney, Sep 3, 2010.

1. aminorjourney

aminorjourney presenter, blogger, auto journalist, geek, mom, wo

I'm selling my 1985 Volkswagen VW CityStromer. It was built by VW as one of only two right hand drive versions of the CityStromer ever made and imported to the UK. About 500 left-hand drive versions were sold, I believe.

Five seats, three door hatchback. Great Mk II VW Golf body and still on the original brakes!

Sadly the motor blew last october, and I can't get it fixed easily. But, as the car itself is very rare and the only right-hand drive VW Citystromer left I'd love her to go to a good home.

When I got the car she'd already had quite a lot of original wiring removed, but perhaps someone cleverer than I could rewire, or just go with the newer controller that came with the car.

The motor does need rebuilding or replacing. It's about £800-£1200 to fix the motor.

But I'm open to offers. 96V battery pack, and charger included, although the battery pack is rather old.

Ping me if you're interested.

Nikki.

Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aminorjourney/sets/72157621855723497/

2. Mark Maher

Mark Maher New Member

City Stromer

Is your Stromer still for sale?

Give me a call on 0771 008 6339

Regards,

Mark

3. jory

jory Member

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yes, I recall it was sold, and perhaps the money rolled over to buy a LEAF.

5. aminorjourney

aminorjourney presenter, blogger, auto journalist, geek, mom, wo

Got it in one, although VW only paid me what I paid to buy it in the first place. And let me tell you, that wasn't anywhere near the deposit for my Leaf ;)