TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

1997 "PBS Frontline" TV show about investing in stocks

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by MartinAustin, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Ryan MF

Ryan MF Member

This is great. History repeats itself.

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Cramer. I don't trust him.

- - - Updated - - -

And I thought I knew the quote:

The commonly used expression, "Those who ignore history are bound (or doomed) to repeat it" is actually a mis-quotation of the original text written by George Santayana (1863-1952), who, in his Reason in Common Sense, The Life of Reason, Vol.1, wrote "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

I agree.

3. uselesslogin

uselesslogin Enthusiast

In what way? The funny thing about January 1997 is the market had a Shiller PE ratio of 28 vs. 25 for today. Obviously that meant a lot of people were saying the market was overvalued at the time and they would be proven right for the most part but only after the market doubled in value over the next 3 years. Anyway I don't see that happening again.

4. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

Oh, that's where that Cramer clip of him trading came from. Thanks for posting the links.