Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19in tire replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a lot of discussion around people replacing the Michelin 18in OEM tires but not much about the 19's. Got a nail in one of my tires, brought it to a local tire repair shop they said it can't be plugged because of the acoustic foam in the tire. Is this true if the nail wasn't in the sidewall? They put some sealant in it but said I should not even drive it but seems to be holding pressure for now.

Tires have 18k miles on them and are at 5/32nd's so if I replace should probably get at least 2 tires. If I do replace the tires what are others replacing their 19's with? I need all seasons as I am in NJ, preferably something with a a bit better treadwear or at least a warranty, I'd rather not replace tires every 25k miles but the torque is fun :)

Well do keep an eye on them, and insist they use jack pucks. They lifted my friends model 3 without them on a lift (told him they do it all the time).
Didn't have to since the person doing the work lowed car and turned over to the delivery guy. He was on his back trying to get the puck to release and asked me. About that time the tech came back over and got it off. They had an S in while doing mine and an X in the parking lot waiting or done. Said thy have done 100's of them. In this area we are awash in 3's too.

I know we don't often consider Black Friday to be a Good tire buying time but I'm replacing my OEM Model S tires after 37K miles with Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ 245/45ZR19 from Costco. With $70 & $80 off offers, total price is $855 for all four.