Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1K Mile Road Trip With Kids and Without Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great narrative of your trip. Thanks for posting.

We just finished a 1,700 mile spring break trip with similar results.

It did eliminate all range anxiety as we now fully understand the capabilities of our MS.

We will add the details of our trip in the near future.

Wow, that's 700 miles beyond our trip. I am interested to know where you went. Looking forward to your post.

Nice story, and good to hear from another Kansas City area Tesla owner. I'm a bit late discovering this thread, but I made a similar trip in February. I picked up my beauty at the Denver service center and drove home(about 600 miles plus a few demo rides) to Prairie Village in two days. Along the way I charged at a Walgreens, two KOAs(Limon and overnight in WaKeeney), a friend's generator repair shop in Salina, and a Westar in Topeka. It was cold, so I had to drive slowly to conserve energy, but managed about 280 wh/mi by averaging about 60 mph. Got home with 16 miles showing--a little range anxiety, not knowing exactly where empty would be.

Next road trip will be St. Louis to get the punch list taken care of--does anyone know when the St. Louis service center is really going to open? I think bluefuego said he was at a get-together there in March.

It sounds like we might have as many as ten Teslas in the KC area now. I will have my Model S, along with several other EVs, at the Prairie Village Earth Fair at Shawnee Mission East on Saturday April 13.

I'll be out of town. Otherwise, I would drop by the earth fair to say hello.

I don't know that I would want to make the drive out to Denver with just KOAs to charge at right now. Glad to know someone has been through there and paved the way though.

I made the drive down to Springfield, IL last weekend and charged up at their one and only public charger at the Springfield Environmental Resource Center. At about 175 miles one way, I was able to drive at or just above the speed limit the whole way. Great trip.