Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking of going to the Service Center to see if they can issue an invoice of some kind of my FSD purchase on March 2nd, anyone know if they have the capability of doing this? Tesla seems to be ignoring me entirely through emails, and through tickets from my Tesla account.

I was thinking of going to the Service Center to see if they can issue an invoice of some kind of my FSD purchase on March 2nd, anyone know if they have the capability of doing this? Tesla seems to be ignoring me entirely through emails, and through tickets from my Tesla account.
I doubt it. They attempted to do the upgrade on my Model S in 2018 at the promised $4,000 last year. Took my credit card at the SC... After great efforts & research on there part, they informed me, they were told the only option was for me to order it online in my account for $5,000 and the $1,000 would be automatically refunded on “the back end”
So I ordered it online as instructed:
$5,000+tax was charged on my card on 10/14/18.
$1,000+tax refunded on 1/29/19
Took around 3-1/2 months for the credit to finally happen.
As I said in another post, be patient.

Who do you contact about getting a refund. I purchased for $3K the first night FSD was relisted on the website.
I took delivery in May of 18 with EAP.
If you did 1st day I think that was March 1st...so yeah as long as you already had EAP with the car when you bought it, or added EAP before it was gone...you would have been offered the 2K price.

This is insane, it's been 1+ month. I sent them a couple emails, always same answer that they don't know when. Funny thing is that nobody reports about it... I feel like I don't even know if they will give the money back as promised...

I went through this with the $5k back for giving up free Supercharging. It took forever but they eventually did it. I requested the $5k on October 25th. Didn't get the check until December 18th.

I can't imagine how many departments it goes through… finding out who needs refunds, going through legal and finance, then actually getting a check cut. Yes, it should be quick and fast but this is Tesla.

This is insane, it's been 1+ month. I sent them a couple emails, always same answer that they don't know when. Funny thing is that nobody reports about it... I feel like I don't even know if they will give the money back as promised...

I went through similar issues with a supercharge fee (I had free supercharging) and returning an item to their web store. It literally takes 2 months or more to process any type of refund.

After one more inquiry from my side via e-mail, Tesla support team has responded that they are “escalating this for further review”, and asked for my physical address if they determined a refund should be sent via check instead of returning the amount directly to my credit card. So I guess I will eventually receive something.

I’m in the same boat as you. I ordered in the morning at $3000 and then it was lowered in the afternoon to $2000. I emailed Tesla and was told about a week later that they are working on it and will see if I qualify for the $1000 credit. I wrote back with a copy of the charge on my credit card (showing the date as well) along with a copy of Elon’s tweet saying that we would be credited back the $1000. That was early last week and still no response. I’m not sure what to do next.

I have a weekly reminder, that I use to send them an email... they actually usually tell me to ask again in the next 5-10 business days every time...

"Our apologies for the delayed response.

We do not have specific time frames for these automated refunds at this time. The guidelines provided describe the process as taking several weeks to roll out

Feel free to check back with me for updates in 5 to 10 business days."