Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you provide the document to support the claim? I'm trying to do this as well. In the email, the Tesla support promised to refund me on March 11, but this is over a month now. Then i went back to the tesla.com blog on the pricing change update as promise to refund then guess what they deleted the blog.

I did the same thing with my card company. I had both an email from Tesla Support and a print out from a second interaction with Tesla Chat support...

I did the same thing with my card company. I had both an email from Tesla Support and a print out from a second interaction with Tesla Chat support...
Though Tesla finally refunded the $1K for me, my credit card company had mysteriously closed/denied my chargeback claim even with a lot of documentation that was submitted. Perhaps others will have better luck with the chargeback route which is certainly less frustrating than interacting with Tesla support.

What did you provide the document to support the claim? I'm trying to do this as well. In the email, the Tesla support promised to refund me on March 11, but this is over a month now. Then i went back to the tesla.com blog on the pricing change update as promise to refund then guess what they deleted the blog.
I provided the credit card customer service with my correspondence to Tesla and Tesla's "policy statements" about the refund. Just some copies and screenshots. I told them "Tesla might refund me any day, but I want to get this started just in case they don't". They completely agreed. This is as cut-and-dried as gets... (I wouldn't need to even do this if Tesla corporate was reliable. Well, actually they are reliable - reliably unresponsive!)

I provided the credit card customer service with my correspondence to Tesla and Tesla's "policy statements" about the refund. Just some copies and screenshots. I told them "Tesla might refund me any day, but I want to get this started just in case they don't". They completely agreed. This is as cut-and-dried as gets... (I wouldn't need do this if Tesla corporate was reliable. Well, actually they are reliable - reliably unresponsive!)

samething with me the email promised march 11 but notthing till now, and so i screenshot that email customer service and also elon tweet in march said after couple days only. hopefully get my 1000+ tax, actually 1060$ i believe

Has anyone got a refund that didn't have to bug them about it? I'd rather save myself the hassle of yet another email to their support, but it seems it's the only way to get this refund. Or am I wrong?
I can almost guarantee your refund wont get any traction until you start the conversation with Tesla. Everyone I've been in contact with were not aware of this partial refund for those who purchased FSD at the original price from March 1st... Right now my request went over to Tesla HQ to review and issue a refund..

FWIW, I received my $1k+tax refund on April 22 (refunded to my credit card).

My timeline:
  • 3/1 Purchased $3k FSD
  • 3/8 Sent email to Customer Support about the $1k adjustment
  • 3/11 Received email stating "We are escalating your case to our team working on these types of concerns"
  • 3/23 Sent follow-up email asking for status
  • 4/8 Received reply stating that "In review of your account I see that you were able to purchase the full self drive option during the limited time we were offering the discount. I can also see that you were charged $3k when this should have been $2k, so I have requested a refund be sent out due to this issue."
  • 4/8 Sent replay asking approximately how long it would take until I received the $1k refund (Never got a reply to this)
  • 4/22 Credit for $1k+tax was applied to my credit card statement

FINALLY! After reading some recent comments in this thread, I checked again (been checking 2-3 times per week for over a month) and it finally is there. I got my credit plus tax. THANK YOU TESLA! Certainly wished it was faster, but happy to have it. For the record, I had exchanged several emails every few weeks on this subject with Tesla, so it wasn't without me being proactive. Here's to hoping everyone else gets theirs.

FINALLY! After reading some recent comments in this thread, I checked again (been checking 2-3 times per week for over a month) and it finally is there. I got my credit plus tax. THANK YOU TESLA! Certainly wished it was faster, but happy to have it. For the record, I had exchanged several emails every few weeks on this subject with Tesla, so it wasn't without me being proactive. Here's to hoping everyone else gets theirs.

Did Tesla credit your credit card or send you a check?