Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After multiple conversations, they ended my request with this thing: "The $2,000 price offered for the purchase of Full Self Driving was offered only to customers who purchased their vehicle directly from Tesla and had Enhanced Autopilot prior to the announcement on 2/28."
I fit into that category. (Got my refund today)
I bought FSD last year. (Got no refund and a middle finger from Telsa)

Reactions: Jeffers0n
I actually did both.
Bought FSD for our Model S last October for $4,000 ($5,000-$1,000 refund) & $2,000 ($3,000 - $1,000 refund) for our Model 3 on March 1st. So, $6,000 for both cars. In total, exactly what it would have cost at delivery. ($3,000 each) I’m pretty happy overall, even though I would have saved $2,000 If I had waited until March to purchase the FSD on the Model S.
Frankly, I think, if Tesla had just offered a limited time, FSD same as delivery price amnesty promotion, they would have gotten less blowback.

Reactions: Chewy3
Maybe you’ll have less Autopilot nagging when gripping the steering wheel.
(Couldn’t resist) ;)
773CCFE0-8E7B-443D-9948-BFE9AD00A846.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Chewy3
In my chat today I was told my refund was processed on May 15 and to expect up to 15 business days to process and receive the credit. It took over 15 minutes for the support person to get back with the facts. That seems like a good sign.

In my chat today I was told my refund was processed on May 15 and to expect up to 15 business days to process and receive the credit. It took over 15 minutes for the support person to get back with the facts. That seems like a good sign.
Do you know which department the agent was in (also do you have the link for the live support chat?). I've not had any luck with Tesla...

I very much doubt you will get anything unless you ask.

I bought the same time as you and got mine a couple of weeks ago; I contacted them as soon as Elon mentioned the refund.

So I purchased FSD on 2/28/19 (according to the invoice) and it posted on my CC 3/1/19. Does this mean that I'm eligible for that refund? I haven't contacted Tesla, believing that they would do their due diligence and process the $1k refund that I and many others are owed. Based on the number of posts on this thread, I guess it wouldn't hurt to send Tesla an email asking about it?

I checked my credit card online today and I just received the $1k+tax refund.

I had previously been emailing Tesla every few weeks and their response was always that the refund was in the queue but they didn’t know when it would actually happen.

Reactions: jdirik
I bought it 3+ months ago. I get random answers.. May 8 they told me it would be processed in 12-15 business days.. this is ridiculous! I did 10+ contacts over email and chat to no success. Everyone you talk to will say something different... I was even asked to send a copy of my credit card statement 1+ month ago... Today the chat asked me: "what do you want me to do?" Really? That's my last rant on twitter.... Hopefully someone will do something about it...

After 6 months of trying to get a refund, this is what I finally got from Tesla:
"Thank you for following-up. Due to your vehicle being purchased on 6/28/18 there are no refunds available. Elon’s tweet in regards to a refund was for customers within the 7-day return window and/or undelivered vehicles. Elon looks at it in a way that if the price went up after a customer took delivery, we would not ask for more money from said customer and thus if it is reduced we don’t offer refunds unless the date of purchase was within a certain time frame."​

Did anyone here get a refund who purchased prior to the week before the discount on FSD was announced? It sure seems like it when I read this thread, but I'd love to hear from those who did.

The issue is when FSD was purchased, not when the car was purchased. Within a 24 hour period, FSD went from $5k -> $3k -> $2k. The people who purchased during the few hours where it was $3k got a refund since it was a pricing mistake and was supposed to be $2k. Tesla has been pretty consistent in saying that people who purchased FSD before that do not get a refund. I'm not saying it is right, but that has been their stance for a while.

Reactions: kbecks13
The issue is when FSD was purchased, not when the car was purchased. Within a 24 hour period, FSD went from $5k -> $3k -> $2k. The people who purchased during the few hours where it was $3k got a refund since it was a pricing mistake and was supposed to be $2k. Tesla has been pretty consistent in saying that people who purchased FSD before that do not get a refund. I'm not saying it is right, but that has been their stance for a while.

Correct. I purchased the vehicle in July 2018 but purchased the $3k FSD hours before it dropped to $2k. Therefore I received $1k back.