Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1k Roadtrip with MY - looks like my car was sandblasted.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Such inconsistencies with Tesla on PPF and mudflaps. Some places have cars delivered with them, others are installing them free when customer asks...Then you have my situation where my car (picked up in New Jersey) where it didn't have PPF and mudflaps. When I asked for them they said lol no.

Sounds like yours got missed in prep as well. Did you ever ask or did you just install? I was told by a Tesla rep shortly after pickup that all new Model Ys were going to have both front flaps and rear PPF installed 🤷‍♂️
Nope. I had ordered the mudflaps and had scheduled ppf to be installed 2 days later. I didn't do a full wrap, but have some protection on the car and the sides were actually cheaper (cost + installation) than the tesla stuff with self-install.

I saw about 10 MY's on the lot and non had mudflaps on them at time of delivery.

• Disagree
Reactions: mlkmade
Sounds like yours got missed in prep as well. Did you ever ask or did you just install? I was told by a Tesla rep shortly after pickup that all new Model Ys were going to have both front flaps and rear PPF installed 🤷‍♂️
I took delivery of my ‘22 MSM MYP a week ago in VA and had none of those installed. I was told it’s state specific and VA doesn’t get factory mud flaps or PPF installed.
Needless to say I’m getting them this week (PPF full front, 4 doors) and 4 mud flaps.

For the original poster, I feel your pain, I would keep complaining to see if they’ll do anything.

On my old ‘11 BMW X5d it has metallic gray paint which had the BMW “metallic” paint fee ($2K) which has stayed pretty good, an occasional nick. I had PPF Installed on it and it has held up well.

Lately I’ve been getting PPF on every new car when I buy (but never on a Lease).
Paint chips on the front is too easy to pick up these days, especially if the car is fast.

You know. This MYP im receiving on Sunday is my 3rd Tesla in 2 years. It is a phenomenal product. And considering what Tesla has done in the past 6 years is beyond my imagination. But there are things that Tesla could and will eventually get better at. Its just the way it is.

There are pro's and cons to everything.