Some interesting details from my read:
- 2,270/week Model 3 production before April pause.
- 9,766 produced, 8,180 Model 3 delivered in Q1. (Total of 29,997 deliveries for S3X)
- Model 3 is already on the cusp of becoming the best-selling mid-sized premium sedan in the US (compares to BMW 3 series, Audi A4, M-B C Class and Lexus IS).
- The battery module line was the main culprit of production bottleneck. New automated module line is still being developed in Germany.
- Target of 5,000 per week production in about two months (but not stated confidently).
- After achieving 5K/wk production, will offer new options such as AWD (dual motor) and the base model (no mention of white seats)
- Model 3 general assembly line consists of about 70% less steps than conventional assembly lines.
- Model 3 is the highest quality vehicle we have ever produced.
- The battery is damn good, better than anything else out there.
- Net reservations continued to exceed 450,000 worldwide.