Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

+1's available to Model 3 unveiling in Hawthorne 3/31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hollywood here. I'm happy to grab anyone from LAX if they want to make me their plutonic date. I'll even give you a ride in a highly desirable low VIN, no parking sensor/ no folding mirror Model S. Don't even pretend like you don't spend your days wondering what that's like.

Respond here, PM me or shoot me an email at [email protected].

Well, I have a +1 available and I will be going. But... I'm visiting family in the SD area that week, so I'll have to put them first. If none of the family wants to go (fairly good chance because of drive time), then I'll make my +1 available to anyone. I won't know til Mon or Tue of that week, so it will be a last minute thing. I'll post here.

Isn't it sill that we have to put family first? ;)

Got the "you weren't selected for the lottery" email this morning... On the positive side, it looks like the live-stream is scheduled 1.5 hours AFTER the 7am start, so Tesla time might be faster than previous announcements. (or we're waiting online for 30 more minutes.)

The email I received this morning says 7pm (probably a suggested arrival time for those traveling to the event), 830pm live stream, and pre-orders earlier in the day, prior to the live stream at 10am in person, with online pre-orders when the event begins, (not sure if that means 7pm or 830pm). Did get a priority for being a previous owner though.

Reactions: JEllars
I live in Redondo Beach, 3 miles from LAX and 5 miles from the event location. I am looking for a +1. I can offer the following:

1. Pickup from LAX anytime on 3/31 after 12 noon
2. drive to / from the event on 3/31
3. One night stay in guest room in Redondo Beach
4. Breakfast or Lunch in Manhattan Beach on 4/1
5. Drop off at LAX anytime on 4/1

All rides on Tesla Model S P90D. Please email me here or to [email protected].

Just added myself to the wish list!
My s70 would be driving me (I call it "The Slow One"). It would be awesome to attend, considering the effort I put in with my friend's referral code (he is in VA) last fall. He got a powerwall and gigafactory invite out of it.

Just had an awesome thought: since there will be quite a few folks driving down from the Bay Area, a convoy would be fantastic wouldn't it? Using TACC and/or AP, GoPros, gathering data on efficiency, and so on...

I have two invites from the referral program, and I'd hate to see them go to waste, but that means I'd have to fly out and find someone as my +1.

On such short notice, my airfare is going to be between $750 and $800. So I'm just testing the waters -- if anyone is interested in footing the bill for my airfare (I'd pay for my hotel and local transport [if I can't bum a ride]), please PM me. No guarantees at this point, just seeing if anyone is interested in an arrangement like this.

edit: Since Tesla is pretty clear that the invites are "non-transferrable" I'm unable to give them both away. Sorry.

Last edited:
I have two invites from the referral program, and I'd hate to see them go to waste, but that means I'd have to fly out and find someone as my +1.

On such short notice, my airfare is going to be between $750 and $800. So I'm just testing the waters -- if anyone is interested in footing the bill for my airfare (I'd pay for my hotel and local transport [if I can't bum a ride]), please PM me. No guarantees at this point, just seeing if anyone is interested in an arrangement like this.

edit: Since Tesla is pretty clear that the invites are "non-transferrable" I'm unable to give them both away. Sorry.

I don't have spare cash, but I can accommodate you in Redondo Beach, and drive you to the event