Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st day line waiter, got your AWD invite, please post your reservation time here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re one of those who waited in line on the 1st day (owner or not since it does not matter) and already got your invite for the AWD, please post your reservation time here. This way, those that still does not have their invitation for the AWD can approximate when we may get the invite based on our reservation time.

Can you also post your estimated delivery date and your vehicle specs.

Reservation placed on 3/31 around 10am ET as I recall - waited in line.

Never got an invite, but went to the configurator on my Tesla under my model 3 reservation around 11:30pm ET on 5/23 - performance and AWD option was available.

Ordered performance midnight silver metallic, sport wheels, white interior. 12-16 weeks delivery.

Never got an invite, but went to the configurator on my Tesla under my model 3 reservation around 11:30pm ET on 5/23 - performance and AWD option was available.

Ordered performance midnight silver metallic, sport wheels, white interior. 12-16 weeks delivery.
No invite? I guess I'll have to keep hitting that refresh button on my computer.

Reserved in Cleveland, ~11:30AM Eastern on 3/31/16.
Received Original invite to configure (we'll call it old model) on 3/22/18, selected to "hold my place" waiting for AWD
Received AWD/P invite to configure 7:46 Eastern on 5/23/18
Ordered AWD, red, sport wheels, PUP, and EAP, 12-16 weeks delivery estimate.

Really nice color combo, enjoy!

Reactions: Finder
Reserved at about 10:30AM in Cleveland on the 31st.
Invited to configure in mid/late March (I forget the exact date)
Got an email last night (23 May) and can now configure and order Performance and/or AWD.
I'm waiting for SR though

Reserved in Cleveland, ~11:30AM Eastern on 3/31/16.
Received Original invite to configure (we'll call it old model) on 3/22/18, selected to "hold my place" waiting for AWD
Received AWD/P invite to configure 7:46 Eastern on 5/23/18
Ordered AWD, red, sport wheels, PUP, and EAP, 12-16 weeks delivery estimate.

Reserved in Cleveland at 10:35AM Eastern on 3/31/2016.
Received RWD Invite on 2/4/2018.
Received AWD Invite at 7:46PM On 5/22/2018.
Ordered AWD, red, sport wheels, eap.
12-16 weeks for delivery estimate.

FYI - for those that want to post (or look up) the precise time that Tesla has for your reservation, you can do the following:
  • Go to the configuration/design page
  • View the page source
  • Ctrl-f to search the source for "reservationDate"
  • The date after the colon is the timestamp Tesla has for your reservation

For example, my "reservationDate" is "2016-03-31T18:27:15.533119". (I have not gotten an invitation to configure an AWD model.) Also, the time may not match your expectations. I reserved in-store at about 3pm Eastern time. The connection between that and 6:27pm is tenuous for any time zone/explanation, so best to just assume there is some randomness around when reservations actually registered in their system.

p.s. Congrats to those who have been able to configure!

For example, my "reservationDate" is "2016-03-31T18:27:15.533119". (I have not gotten an invitation to configure an AWD model.) Also, the time may not match your expectations. I reserved in-store at about 3pm Eastern time. The connection between that and 6:27pm is tenuous for any time zone/explanation, so best to just assume there is some randomness around when reservations actually registered in their system.

Interesting... Mine says 4/1 - 02:21. I actually reserved at 7:20 PM on 3/31. I emailed Tesla a while ago and asked them to confirm what time they had in their system and they said 3/31 @ 7:20 PM, so the code visible on the website isn't quite inline with when you actually reserved it, at least in my situation. Good find regardless!

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
Based on those who reported so far, below is a list showing their reservation time as a line waiter on the 1st day, and they’ve gotten their AWD invite. Looks like no Mountain Time zone or Pacific Time zone yet.

Eastern Time
12:05
12:00
11:38
11:30
10:52
10:35
10:30
10:25
10:20
10:06
10:00
8:05

Central Time
9:00

Based on those who reported so far, below is a list showing their reservation time as a line waiter on the 1st day, and they’ve gotten their AWD invite. Looks like no Mountain Time zone or Pacific Time zone yet.

Eastern Time
12:05
12:00
11:38
11:30
10:52
10:35
10:25
10:20
10:06
10:00
8:05

Central Time
9:00
In another thread, someone said they were 3rd in line at the Colorado (Park Meadows) store and were able to order AWD. My order at the same store didn't get processed until about 12:30 MST, so still several hundred others in line ahead of me.

The date/time in the code is UTC time, not your local time.
-7 for Pacific Standard Time
-6 for Mountain Standard Time
-5 for Central Standard Time
-4 for Eastern Standard Time

Thanks - I had thought of UTC, but incorrectly had -5 for EST stuck in my head so that wasn't making sense. Given that -4 is correct, that probably means my memory is just off by half an hour for when I reserved.