Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st day line waiter, got your AWD invite, please post your reservation time here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owner ('13 P85+ then '16 P100D), two reservations, placed at the Dedham, MA store, 3/31/16 @ ~10:30 a.m. ET.

Configured the first reservation back around 1/4/18, took delivery 1/25/18.

Invited to config second reservation around the same time, re-invited last night @ 7:48 p.m. ET when AWD/P became available. Completed payment for this order's deposit this morning around 10 a.m. ET. (P, AP, 20" wheels, *NO* FSD, midnight silver, white interior.)

Alan

How does anyone remember the exact time they did something two years ago? Seriously. I ordered online as soon as ordering opened, but I have no recollection of the time of day that was. Is there a way to find that?

How does anyone remember the exact time they did something two years ago? Seriously. I ordered online as soon as ordering opened, but I have no recollection of the time of day that was. Is there a way to find that?
See post #11 in this same thread for instructions on how to find your reservation time.

Note that time is in UTC time so you'll have to subtract 4 hours for the eastern time zone.

See post #11 in this same thread for instructions on how to find your reservation time.

Note that time is in UTC time so you'll have to subtract 4 hours for the eastern time zone.
Damn, this only works if you already have the ability to configure. If you're still waiting for an invite, it just gives me the day (Apr 1 2016). And since the confirmation email didn't come until the next day on Saturday, I can't even say "well, it has to be earlier than X".

Cool, thanks for the tip. So mine says ReservationDate 2016-04-01T03:22:45.955319, and I was in Colorado at the time reserving on line. So that would mean my reservation date and time were 3-31-16 at 9:22pm in Colorado, and I guess then 8:22 pm PST. As I recall On-line orders started around that time, so I think I was pretty early in the on-line game, but obviously behind in-person orders earlier in the day. That sound right?

Cool, thanks for the tip. So mine says ReservationDate 2016-04-01T03:22:45.955319, and I was in Colorado at the time reserving on line. So that would mean my reservation date and time were 3-31-16 at 9:22pm in Colorado, and I guess then 8:22 pm PST. As I recall On-line orders started around that time, so I think I was pretty early in the on-line game, but obviously behind in-person orders earlier in the day. That sound right?
That sounds right to me. They already had like ~135,000 in-person orders before the unveiling event started. A certain percentage of those have already ordered the first production 3 but I'm betting there are still a lot in line ahead of you. My order was about 9 hours before you. Still waiting...

FYI - for those that want to post (or look up) the precise time that Tesla has for your reservation, you can do the following:
  • Go to the configuration/design page
  • View the page source
  • Ctrl-f to search the source for "reservationDate"
  • The date after the colon is the timestamp Tesla has for your reservation

For example, my "reservationDate" is "2016-03-31T18:27:15.533119". (I have not gotten an invitation to configure an AWD model.) Also, the time may not match your expectations. I reserved in-store at about 3pm Eastern time. The connection between that and 6:27pm is tenuous for any time zone/explanation, so best to just assume there is some randomness around when reservations actually registered in their system.

p.s. Congrats to those who have been able to configure!
Does this work if you have already ordered your car?

Does this work if you have already ordered your car?

Yes. I ordered, and deferred to Dual Motor. Open your reservation, click "edit design" under your reservation info. Right click on page, select view source. Hit ctrl and f at same time (find) and look for reservationdate. Note, it is in GMT.

I reserved 3-31 in Chicago at 10:07 AM, 7th in line. Original email for me to configure RWD was sent 1-4-18. Current owner, still no AWD invite, still no ability to update my config under "edit design."

Yes. I ordered, and deferred to Dual Motor. Open your reservation, click "edit design" under your reservation info. Right click on page, select view source. Hit ctrl and f at same time (find) and look for reservationdate. Note, it is in GMT.

I reserved 3-31 in Chicago at 10:07 AM, 7th in line. Original email for me to configure RWD was sent 1-4-18. Current owner, still no AWD invite, still no ability to update my config under "edit design."
Thanks!
"reservationDate":"2016-03-31T14:40:40.897486"

Updated list

Based on those who reported so far, below is a list showing their reservation time as a line waiter on the 1st day, and they’ve gotten their AWD invite. No one from Mountain Time zone or Pacific Time zone reported in yet.

Eastern Time
12:05
12:00
11:38
11:30
10:52
10:45
10:35
10:30
10:25
10:20
10:06
10:00
8:05

Central Time
10:43
9:00

My friend sent his assistant to wait in line and she was able to put in a reservation for both of us. I remember thinking I was glad I wasn’t standing outside!

She was right in front of me, her and the guy behind me talked the whole time. I remember her saying she was putting in two reservations for her boss.

I had to call my bank while standing at the table with the Tesla guy. Had to up my daily limit on my bank card. It's $1,000 and I bought a coffee on my way there so it put me over by like $1.50 :D

• Funny
Reactions: F_T_K
Here is my reservationDate: "2016-03-31T14:18:54.066707"... so at 10:18:54 EDT.
Received "First Production" invite in February. Configured/ordered AWD on 20th May around 10pm.

Reposting @dtv425's updated list...

dtv425 said:
Based on those who reported so far, below is a list showing their reservation time as a line waiter on the 1st day, and they’ve gotten their AWD invite. No one from Mountain Time zone or Pacific Time zone reported in yet.

Eastern Time
12:05
12:00
11:38
11:30
10:52
10:45
10:35
10:25
10:18