TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

1st Day Reservation Holders & Free Long Distance?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by EMP40, Jan 17, 2017.

1. EMP40

EMP40 Member

The Elon tweet seemed to indicate that Model 3 reservation holders, or at least some of us, would be essentially grandfathered in for supercharging when traveling. Has there ben any additional info on that?

• Disagree x 10
  2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I think that's wishful thinking... we all got a nice lithograph for the reservation.

• Like x 4
  3. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

I think this has been discussed in the past. His tweets to my knowledge don't indicate anything of the sort that I've seen. He promised a gift and we got that so I think that may be it. I'll just be happy with the car at this point.

• Like x 2
  4. Trips

Trips Member

According to Elon "there will be something special". This was well after the lithograph went out. I hope is NOT grandfathered Supercharging, and instead some visual like paint, rims or a badge. I would rather pay for charging and not have to wait vs getting it for free and waiting 30 minutes to use it.

From Twitter
    Ryan McCaffrey - November 4th 2016
    @elonmusk Any chance of Signature Red pain being offered as an option for March 31 Model 3 reservation holders?

Elon Musk Reply - November 4th 2016
    @DMC_Ryan there will be something special

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  5. boiler81

boiler81 Member

Signature Red Paint would be great for me, but I know it's not everyone's color.
    A badge could be cool as long as it's tastefully designed and doesn't detract from the great styling.
    Perhaps a limited edition illuminated Tesla Badge in lieu of standard badge on the Tesla mini-grill;)

TeslaS2017-vs-2016-2-640x538[1].jpg

• Like x 1
  6. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

If Elon does give early adopters something, I would guess something like a tote or tumbler. Perhaps some accessory for the car, such as a cargo net. Maybe even a software easter egg?

7. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

I'd settle for a free hat or T-Shirt. :)

8. Maaz

Maaz Member

He has already mentioned that free for life supercharging has never been on the table for model 3.

• Like x 1
  9. pangolina

pangolina Member

I wouldn't say no to a key fob case which matches the interior :rolleyes: Nothing at all is fine too :) March 31 turned out to be one of the most relaxing days I had in a while - that alone was great.

• Like x 3
  10. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

Speaking of that lithograph, is there anyone else out there like me that didn't get one? I was about #200 out of 500 at the Devon, PA Tesla on 3/31.

11. wilhelmspencer

wilhelmspencer Model 3 Reserved 3/31/16 In Store 10:20 PST

I really hope he makes the sig red available to line-waiters or reservation holders. We are planning on paying extra for the red paint if not. This would be an awesome bonus for us.

12. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

chances of line us getting free supercharging is almost nil.
    I'd love to get access to Sig paint though.
    As far as I remember the Sig Red wasn't free and was priced like the multicoat colors - someone with a Sig will have to verify that though.

13. Trips

Trips Member

I would vote for the illuminated badge, signature paint, factory tour and then maybe special stitching.

T.jpg
    T2.jpg

14. Blazing Whisper

We reserved the Model 3, but none of us have ordered it. The requirement for free supercharging is that we must have ordered our cars by Jan 15th 2016 so we're definitely 100% not getting it. The something special Elon promised will hopefully be something nice, but it won't be as grand as super charging IMO.

15. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

400,000 model 3's waiting in line at an 8 bay supercharger sounds awesome, though. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure the change to the new supercharging program is because of the 3's popularity preparing for the onslaught of 3's invading grounds that x and s owners are still trying to figure out.

16. S3XY

S3XY Member

I agree. At best we might get an extra free 200 kWh per year and I doubt even that.

• Like x 1
  17. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

Any owner can already request a factory tour.

• Like x 1
  18. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

I'd be happy with a "Model 3" baseball cap to keep the sunlight coming through the gorgeous glass roof off of my scalp and face. :)

I agree that March 31 was pretty incredible. Even for a jaded person from "Tesla country", the turnout far exceeded what I had expected. And this same scenario was happening across the country and around the world!

• Like x 1
  19. LittleHobo

LittleHobo Member

I didn't get one either. My brother and a co-worker got theirs. My reservation shows in my Tesla account, so I'm not concerned, but I would have liked to have it. I figure it got lost in the mail, or put beside my front door since it wouldn't fit in the mailbox and was swiped.

20. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

Steven Tyler from Aerosmith called and he said, "Dream On".

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1