Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st Day Reservation Holders & Free Long Distance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Elon "there will be something special". This was well after the lithograph went out. I hope is NOT grandfathered Supercharging, and instead some visual like paint, rims or a badge. I would rather pay for charging and not have to wait vs getting it for free and waiting 30 minutes to use it.

From Twitter
Ryan McCaffrey - November 4th 2016
@elonmusk Any chance of Signature Red pain being offered as an option for March 31 Model 3 reservation holders?

Elon Musk Reply - November 4th 2016
@DMC_Ryan there will be something special

Signature Red Paint would be great for me, but I know it's not everyone's color.
A badge could be cool as long as it's tastefully designed and doesn't detract from the great styling.
Perhaps a limited edition illuminated Tesla Badge in lieu of standard badge on the Tesla mini-grill;)

TeslaS2017-vs-2016-2-640x538[1].jpg

Reactions: wilhelmspencer
Signature Red Paint would be great for me, but I know it's not everyone's color.
A badge could be cool as long as it's tastefully designed and doesn't detract from the great styling.
Perhaps a limited edition illuminated Tesla Badge in lieu of standard badge on the Tesla mini-grill;)

View attachment 211273

I really hope he makes the sig red available to line-waiters or reservation holders. We are planning on paying extra for the red paint if not. This would be an awesome bonus for us.

chances of line us getting free supercharging is almost nil.
I'd love to get access to Sig paint though.
As far as I remember the Sig Red wasn't free and was priced like the multicoat colors - someone with a Sig will have to verify that though.

View attachment 211273

I would vote for the illuminated badge, signature paint, factory tour and then maybe special stitching.

T.jpg

T2.jpg

We reserved the Model 3, but none of us have ordered it. The requirement for free supercharging is that we must have ordered our cars by Jan 15th 2016 so we're definitely 100% not getting it. The something special Elon promised will hopefully be something nice, but it won't be as grand as super charging IMO.

400,000 model 3's waiting in line at an 8 bay supercharger sounds awesome, though. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure the change to the new supercharging program is because of the 3's popularity preparing for the onslaught of 3's invading grounds that x and s owners are still trying to figure out.

We reserved the Model 3, but none of us have ordered it. The requirement for free supercharging is that we must have ordered our cars by Jan 15th 2016 so we're definitely 100% not getting it. The something special Elon promised will hopefully be something nice, but it won't be as grand as super charging IMO.
I agree. At best we might get an extra free 200 kWh per year and I doubt even that.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I wouldn't say no to a key fob case which matches the interior :rolleyes: Nothing at all is fine too :) March 31 turned out to be one of the most relaxing days I had in a while - that alone was great.
I'd be happy with a "Model 3" baseball cap to keep the sunlight coming through the gorgeous glass roof off of my scalp and face. :)

I agree that March 31 was pretty incredible. Even for a jaded person from "Tesla country", the turnout far exceeded what I had expected. And this same scenario was happening across the country and around the world!

Reactions: wilhelmspencer
Speaking of that lithograph, is there anyone else out there like me that didn't get one? I was about #200 out of 500 at the Devon, PA Tesla on 3/31.

I didn't get one either. My brother and a co-worker got theirs. My reservation shows in my Tesla account, so I'm not concerned, but I would have liked to have it. I figure it got lost in the mail, or put beside my front door since it wouldn't fit in the mailbox and was swiped.