Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st electric fan car to break the Goodwood record.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goodwood Edition '22 - Just mind boggling speed. At least 4 of the top ten fastest vehicle at the Goodwood hill race were pure electric. The McMurtry electric fan car (fan is used to create a downforce suction from zero miles per hour) with a 0-60 in less than 1.5 seconds. 60 KW battery surrounds the driver and good for 60 miles flat out.

Max Chilton - former F1 and Indycar driver was the pilot who smashed the record.

Craziest thing, they are planning to sell a legal road car soon too, called the Speirling.

- You tube video of the run

McMurtry Automotive - Details of the amazing EV rocket ship.

Last edited:
I saw the article on Electrek and forwarded it to a couple gear-heads. My comment was that the video looked like some of those goofy scenes from Knight Rider where they sped the video up to make KITT look like it was moving faster than in reality. :)

I saw the article on Electrek and forwarded it to a couple gear-heads. My comment was that the video looked like some of those goofy scenes from Knight Rider where they sped the video up to make KITT look like it was moving faster than in reality. :)
Less than 1.5 sec to 60, and with the downforce of a Range Rover sitting on top of it at zero mph - crazy fast and zero traction loss.

I am really excited about this, I saw this car first months ago, just one of the designers talking about it, and I had a pretty intense emotional connection with how the guy talked. Just very focused on first principles engineering and aerodynamic optimization. It was also such a different approach to building a fast car. Minimize drag, use fans to the get the down force instead, which ends up more energy efficient! At the time though I wondered if it was just an engineering project and whether such a narrow, short car could actually be driven fast.

WELL NOW WE KNOW! HOLY *sugar*! So happy for this team!