Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st MY just Ordered. Have some Question/will take some advice.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, new Tesla family member here.
Just placed an Order for a MY for my wife (really for me :p). We've been planning to order pretty much this entire year, but were waiting for the tax rebate to hopefully pass. Finally decided to order now, to lock in the constantly rising price. The plan is to defer delivery until there is a clear answer on whether fed tax credit is or is not happening.

A couple of questions:
Got a call and an email just now from the SA assigned to us by Tesla. I briefly explained that we're not rushing to get the car, and plan on waiting to find out regarding the tax credit; her response was: oh ok, then we won't put you for a car delivery this quarter. The email from her is asking to "fill out your home address so we know which service center to deliver the vehicle to". Should I do this, or put this off as much as possible? Again only asking so that I can delay delivery easier?

What else do I need to know as a first time Tesla buyer? I'm a big fan of researching things in advance; I've read a good bit here and there about the car, the company, etc., we have some friends that own teslas. I guess what I am asking is, are there any specific things/sources of info that you all recommend for me to read? Anything to do to prepare? I'm going to need to have electrical wire run from the basement to the garage which is diagonally across my house, so this is going to be a huge pia; I'm hands on and know people in the construction industry but definitely will need a prof electrician--is the general consensus to find my own or does tesla give local recommendations? Which is likely to be less expensive? What else do I need to know?

Thanks in advance!

Get several quotes from different electricians. Why is your main panel in your basement? In any case our panel is in the garage but at the front of it, we wanted the charger by the door so up and over the 12foot ceiling with a several bends in the conduit about 45 feet total. Tesla recommendation wanted $1500, one other guy wanted $2000, third guy that someone else used down the street wanted $1000 and then the guy I normally use came in at $660 including a city permit and inspection and everything done correctly and to code. (I supplied the Tesla Charger which was backordered at the time too). He got it all done so fast I almost feel like I still got ripped off...but know it would have taken me all weekend to do it myself. Basically get a lot of quotes...and make sure it's done right and inspected just in case, don't take anyone's word for it, especially someone who does it "all the time". You want that official stamp on it that will always be there to point to if something happens down the line. Including reselling your house.

If you're ready to get the car, get the car. Unless the tax credit will somehow change your life. The price keeps going up, and the feature content keeps going down. As soon as you're actually ready to get the car there's going to be a shortage of something else and then a three month wait. Just in the last two weeks the Autopilot lost the radar and the passenger seat lost the lumbar. I wouldn't care about the price increase but I do care when features disappear that I would have wanted. Soon there won't be a left rear tire, who knows... :)

HI welcome!. The threads here go back quite awhile I would start with the new posts, and also go direct to the ones for your car. and topics like autopilot, charging , watch the super charge posts for you region and look up accessories etc. etc. the folsk here in general are really good at pointing you to information and IMHO this community is ( was) better than the formal tesla site (I used to post to both). my only suggestion is keep you SW and you ap updated ( the fun is getting a new version!) . don't over super charge, don't floor it with the kids in the car , don't obsess over range, get used to charging places to remove range anxiety ( that disappears quick these days) , watch pens and markers on white seats , and most importantly have fun!!

Hello everyone, new Tesla family member here.
Just placed an Order for a MY for my wife (really for me :p). We've been planning to order pretty much this entire year, but were waiting for the tax rebate to hopefully pass. Finally decided to order now, to lock in the constantly rising price. The plan is to defer delivery until there is a clear answer on whether fed tax credit is or is not happening.

A couple of questions:
Got a call and an email just now from the SA assigned to us by Tesla. I briefly explained that we're not rushing to get the car, and plan on waiting to find out regarding the tax credit; her response was: oh ok, then we won't put you for a car delivery this quarter. The email from her is asking to "fill out your home address so we know which service center to deliver the vehicle to". Should I do this, or put this off as much as possible? Again only asking so that I can delay delivery easier?

What else do I need to know as a first time Tesla buyer? I'm a big fan of researching things in advance; I've read a good bit here and there about the car, the company, etc., we have some friends that own teslas. I guess what I am asking is, are there any specific things/sources of info that you all recommend for me to read? Anything to do to prepare? I'm going to need to have electrical wire run from the basement to the garage which is diagonally across my house, so this is going to be a huge pia; I'm hands on and know people in the construction industry but definitely will need a prof electrician--is the general consensus to find my own or does tesla give local recommendations? Which is likely to be less expensive? What else do I need to know?

Thanks in advance!
Not sure this will work, but when I ordered mine. I had expressed the sales person that I didn't want the car right away. She informed me that when I get matched to call her and she will un match me manually. She was willing to do this up to 90 days she said. Good luck. I got matched in 4 weeks and decided to take delivery anyway.

Reactions: k.alexander
I suspect that you’ve seen the posts about delivery timing. My experience was a 3 week dance for a couple months, then VIN, next day got a text requesting scheduling delivery date and time. The text says to respond if there’s an issue, there was and I did(delivering to the wrong state!) the third text gets angry! For the amount of money that “we” are spending I don’t think that we are getting treated appropriately. This is based on other ICE luxury brands. It’s too bad that we are treated this way but once you get it and get used to all that it can do, hopefully all the bad(?) will melt away. Stepping off my soap box!

To prepare for delivery, test drive the vehicle if you have not already. Even if you have, I suggest test driving it multiple times and spending some time with it at a Tesla center. In some locales they are even letting prospective buyers do an overnight test drive. I would also suggest reading and watching everything you can get your hands on: content from this site, YouTube, articles, opinion pieces, Reddit, Tesla forum (Tesla.com), etc. There's no such thing as consuming too much content before taking delivery.

There's no reason to not do as the SA asks. Your situation is not unique at all and they likely have processed and fulfilled similar orders. There are several folks, myself included, who placed an order for a vehicle, changed configurations many many times along the way, and took delivery months later.

The Clean Energy for America legislation has many obstacles to clear before becoming a reality. There's no real reason to wait for a tax credit of an unknown sum that may or may not materialize. Life is too short to wait for something to occur for which you have no control over. If you can afford the car today, just get it as soon as able and enjoy it in good health while you can.

Congratulations on your decision/purchase - (I am also waiting to take delivery)

Few of my thoughts:
  • Power is number one - think about getting that planned out and installed well before it is needed
  • If you are looking for Tax savings - have you thought about another car manufacturer that has not hit the max sales (not saying to make a change but if Tax is a 'high need' or want), but playing the 'what will the feds do' on the tax credit bill, might not work out, or could -- who really knows.
  • Have you looked into the accessories/options and what might make your list of 'fun' or needed addons for your new ride?

Congrats on the order! What config are you getting?

Don't forget the Owner's Manual - it's a great resource and can be downloaded as a PDF so you can read up on the car. I read through it a couple of times before I took delivery (I ordered in Jan and took delivery in March). There are also videos on the Tesla website that break down many of the functions into short chunks. They have a YouTube channel as well. I also had my 240v outlet installed while I was awaiting delivery. Finally - accessories! I ordered the 240v adapter, floor/trunk mats, screen protector, jacking pucks, cable organizer and tray inserts for the consoles. I also ordered the SnapPlate front license plate holder, which I guess you don't need in PA.

I ordered my car on Jan 30 but didn't want delivery until after March 1. I was matched with a VIN twice but the SA easily unmatched me, and I think finally just indicated in their system that I wanted a March delivery. When I logged in on the morning of March 1, I had a VIN!

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I have been reading them all.

We've gone for a couple of test drives, and took a MY home over a weekend just before ordering.
We pre-ordered a MY LR AWD Midnight Silver Metallic no other options/upgrades for now.

• POWER: I've been looking into running power from the electrical box in the basement to the garage, and will get this done before we take delivery. Currently thinking of running a 6AWG copper wire for a NEMA 6-50 outlet. I think it should be more than sufficient and doesn't require the purchase of a Wall Connector.
    • Other than the roughly 43 vs 30 miles per hour of charge (charging speed), is there any other reason to go with the Tesla Wall Charger versus a NEMA 6-50 outlet for use with the included Mobile Connector?
    • I also know that there are third party charger options to install instead of the Wall Charger. I need to look into those, but I believe they all require you to "stop charging" from the app or car before you can unplug them--is this correct? Seems like more work than my wife signed up for :)
  • OWNERS MANUAL: Yep, I've read it. I read and over-research everything, it's both a blessing and a curse; I've been and am following Tesla and EV news, I guess it's another add to a long list of hobbies and interests. I even made highlights in the manual pdf. I'll be lucky if the wife reads the highlights. I may have to text them to her one per day--that's probably the only way she'll read them :)
  • YOUTUBE/ETC: Yep, I've watched more than I probably should. I know how everything works, where it is, what it can and cant do, radar vs cameras, software updates, etc, etc. I know about the Austin factory, and the debate on whether a 4680 battery Y is something worth waiting for for those like myself so relatively close in time to that factor going online and beginning production. We also have friends who have gotten Teslas in the last year or so, and I've spent a good amount of time playing with their cars.
  • ACCESSORIES:
    • I guess I need to get the jacking pucks.
    • I'm back and forth about getting a spare tire; was going to get one, but current thought process is that the car comes with a 4 year Roadside Assistance including a loaner tire, so for use around town that's probably good enough. If we end up taking the car on any looooong drives (we tend to drive to Montreal for the F1 race every June), I'll definitely look to pick one up -- did that drive once without a spare and was dreading every minute of it.
    • PPF (paint protection film) - I plan on getting and installing this. I've done this a few times myself over the years, and I do as good if not a better job than many professionals. It's a bit time consuming, and a bit of a pia to do, but I'm very comfortable doing it. I will likely do the front bumper (usually the hardest part, although MY's bumper is pretty flat now that I look at it, and actually shouldn't be hard to do at all), front quarter panels and hood (both super easy to do), and then depending on whether it's installed or not the rocker panel area in front of the rear wheels (also easy).
    • I will ceramic coat the car afterwards. Did my other car about a year and a half ago; again, total time suck (took me a better portion of a weekend on a small sports car, although I did three layers), but also totally doable by yourself, plus I've got all the materials already. I had the stupidity to show my wife what the car would look like with something like Xpel Stealth Wrap -- and surprisingly she loved it. In theory it's just like applying PPF, but I've never done one before, and not 100% sure how comfortable I am doing it, and also not sure I want to spend the time and money to do it--something I will look into but I think it's a stretch that I'll actually end up doing it.
    • Not sure about other accessories. Don't see a need for screen protector. I've also always just been ok with the standard floor mats; I know first thing everyone does is buys the more protective mats, I never really understood that. Just use the regular mats, they typically work fine, and if they ever get worn out enough that you don't like the way they look any more, just get another set from the manufacturer -- just personal opinion.
  • EV TAX CREDIT: We're buying the car either way, that's not the question. But we're also not in urgent need for a new car, and we're driving much less now than we did before #thenewnormal. I have no problems sitting on my order through the summer and possibly even up until the new year to see what happens with the EV tax credit bill and/or infrastructure bill. That said, as soon as there is clear indication one way or another on the bills, we'll schedule delivery.
Anyways, I appreciate all the tips and info, keep it coming please.

Last edited:
A NEMA 14-50 works well for me. I am using my mobile charger and get 32 amps to it safely. This gives me about 30 miles ranged for every hour plugged in. The nice thing about the 14-50 is I just told the electrician it was an RV. So I avoided the Tesla tax. Don't forget though that you can right of 1/3rd of the cost of the installation and charger against your federal taxes. If you have a long run, that wire is going to pretty expensive. Make sure you get a firm quote from the electrician.

I found a good electrician on Craigslist as well as someone to do the ceramic coating. Electrical installation went great and cost me 40% of the Tesla recommended installers or anyone else I said I needed it for an EV charger. Apparently, RVers are cheaper than EVers, or is that more stingy, I don't know but saying for an RV saved me a lot of money.

As for PPF, I got a good enough quote it wasn't worth my time to do it. I really like xPel's normal ppf on my car and it held up well so far for 7 years on another one.

If you plan to tow, get the factory hitch, can be added later but saves $200 up front if you order it from the factory. If you go aftermarket, you don't get the software option for towing.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I have been reading them all.

We've gone for a couple of test drives, and took a MY home over a weekend just before ordering.
We pre-ordered a MY LR AWD Midnight Silver Metallic no other options/upgrades for now.

• POWER: I've been looking into running power from the electrical box in the basement to the garage, and will get this done before we take delivery. Currently thinking of running a 6AWG copper wire for a NEMA 6-50 outlet. I think it should be more than sufficient and doesn't require the purchase of a Wall Connector.
    • Other than the roughly 43 vs 30 miles per hour of charge (charging speed), is there any other reason to go with the Tesla Wall Charger versus a NEMA 6-50 outlet for use with the included Mobile Connector?
    • I also know that there are third party charger options to install instead of the Wall Charger. I need to look into those, but I believe they all require you to "stop charging" from the app or car before you can unplug them--is this correct? Seems like more work than my wife signed up for :)
  • OWNERS MANUAL: Yep, I've read it. I read and over-research everything, it's both a blessing and a curse; I've been and am following Tesla and EV news, I guess it's another add to a long list of hobbies and interests. I even made highlights in the manual pdf. I'll be lucky if the wife reads the highlights. I may have to text them to her one per day--that's probably the only way she'll read them :)
  • YOUTUBE/ETC: Yep, I've watched more than I probably should. I know how everything works, where it is, what it can and cant do, radar vs cameras, software updates, etc, etc. I know about the Austin factory, and the debate on whether a 4680 battery Y is something worth waiting for for those like myself so relatively close in time to that factor going online and beginning production. We also have friends who have gotten Teslas in the last year or so, and I've spent a good amount of time playing with their cars.
  • ACCESSORIES:
    • I guess I need to get the jacking pucks.
    • I'm back and forth about getting a spare tire; was going to get one, but current thought process is that the car comes with a 4 year Roadside Assistance including a loaner tire, so for use around town that's probably good enough. If we end up taking the car on any looooong drives (we tend to drive to Montreal for the F1 race every June), I'll definitely look to pick one up -- did that drive once without a spare and was dreading every minute of it.
    • PPF (paint protection film) - I plan on getting and installing this. I've done this a few times myself over the years, and I do as good if not a better job than many professionals. It's a bit time consuming, and a bit of a pia to do, but I'm very comfortable doing it. I will likely do the front bumper (usually the hardest part, although MY's bumper is pretty flat now that I look at it, and actually shouldn't be hard to do at all), front quarter panels and hood (both super easy to do), and then depending on whether it's installed or not the rocker panel area in front of the rear wheels (also easy).
    • I will ceramic coat the car afterwards. Did my other car about a year and a half ago; again, total time suck (took me a better portion of a weekend on a small sports car, although I did three layers), but also totally doable by yourself, plus I've got all the materials already. I had the stupidity to show my wife what the car would look like with something like Xpel Stealth Wrap -- and surprisingly she loved it. In theory it's just like applying PPF, but I've never done one before, and not 100% sure how comfortable I am doing it, and also not sure I want to spend the time and money to do it--something I will look into but I think it's a stretch that I'll actually end up doing it.
    • Not sure about other accessories. Don't see a need for screen protector. I've also always just been ok with the standard floor mats; I know first thing everyone does is buys the more protective mats, I never really understood that. Just use the regular mats, they typically work fine, and if they ever get worn out enough that you don't like the way they look any more, just get another set from the manufacturer -- just personal opinion.
  • EV TAX CREDIT: We're buying the car either way, that's not the question. But we're also not in urgent need for a new car, and we're driving much less now than we did before #thenewnormal. I have no problems sitting on my order through the summer and possibly even up until the new year to see what happens with the EV tax credit bill and/or infrastructure bill. That said, as soon as there is clear indication one way or another on the bills, we'll schedule delivery.
Anyways, I appreciate all the tips and info, keep it coming please.
Nice Ride -- and Wow, you are on it, seems like you are doing all the research :)

Few thoughts -
  • I also have the Main house breaker in the basement - If we get another vehicle, I don't want to have 're-run' another line, so I got a sub panel in the garage. This will allow quick changes as needed for 'whatever' comes next. This might be a bit more upfront costs but will save me in the long run. I have the -- Hubbell 9450A 14-50R BK for now and will use it for now and might get a Wall (still waiting for the 'wireless' dual 'stuff' that is "coming soon")
  • As for the screen - I am looking at this one: Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084BNC3F...olid=1S8N5CMYOXOE6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
  • I have seen both pros and cons about the PPE - the cost (if hired out) is about the same as getting a paint job. I think I might get the front done, but not sure yet (I got time as my date keeps getting pushed for delivery date :confused: )
  • Oh - yes good point from @DayTrippin about the Hitch - I got a factory install to get 'tow mode' which I have heard (not sure if that is 'true') is not an option for aftermarket (non-tesla) - not sure if that is important to you, but we do use that from time to time for bike and small trailer
Best of luck on getting it soon and all the fun you/family will have :)

Nice Ride -- and Wow, you are on it, seems like you are doing all the research :)

Few thoughts -
  • I also have the Main house breaker in the basement - If we get another vehicle, I don't want to have 're-run' another line, so I got a sub panel in the garage. This will allow quick changes as needed for 'whatever' comes next. This might be a bit more upfront costs but will save me in the long run. I have the -- Hubbell 9450A 14-50R BK for now and will use it for now and might get a Wall (still waiting for the 'wireless' dual 'stuff' that is "coming soon")
  • As for the screen - I am looking at this one: Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084BNC3F...olid=1S8N5CMYOXOE6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
  • I have seen both pros and cons about the PPE - the cost (if hired out) is about the same as getting a paint job. I think I might get the front done, but not sure yet (I got time as my date keeps getting pushed for delivery date :confused: )
  • Oh - yes good point from @DayTrippin about the Hitch - I got a factory install to get 'tow mode' which I have heard (not sure if that is 'true') is not an option for aftermarket (non-tesla) - not sure if that is important to you, but we do use that from time to time for bike and small trailer
Best of luck on getting it soon and all the fun you/family will have :)
I second the Spigen matte antiglare screen protector. It is the bomb! Super easy install, lines up perfect with the frame to put it on. No bubbles, no fingerprints and no glare. I left the factory plastic piece on until I went to put it on. I cooled the car down as it was hot inside first and then turned off the fan so no dust would blow around while putting it on. It costs a bit more than others but the little frame to line it up is worth the money.

As for PPF, I have a local guy that would paint my front bumper less than the PPF would cost to install. I still went with PPF anyway. Just one thing to worry about and if I move away, I may not have access to such an amazing paint magician. The move is pretty likely, just don't know when. Not to mention just less worry when my wife wants to tailgate someone other than the windshield. Also those headlights are pretty pricy to replace so I had the lights and fogs covered as well. Not to mention we have the cursed flying love bugs here. If you don't get them off right away, they WILL ruin your paint. I can already tell that front bumper is a freakin' magnet for insects and whatever else is bouncing down the road. I didn't want the car to look like it had a bad case of acne from all the rock chips too. While mine is white and less obvious, it still would show up. God help you if you have red without PPF. I saw one MYP at a parking lot in red with no PPF. It looked like the face of a teenage girl with an acne breakout.

As for tow mode, my service center said they will only enable tow mode if you buy the factory hitch if you didn't order it originally. Of course your center may say different but if it matters get the factory hitch unless you only plan on using it for a bike rack.

I second the Spigen matte antiglare screen protector. It is the bomb! Super easy install, lines up perfect with the frame to put it on. No bubbles, no fingerprints and no glare. I left the factory plastic piece on until I went to put it on. I cooled the car down as it was hot inside first and then turned off the fan so no dust would blow around while putting it on. It costs a bit more than others but the little frame to line it up is worth the money.

As for PPF, I have a local guy that would paint my front bumper less than the PPF would cost to install. I still went with PPF anyway. Just one thing to worry about and if I move away, I may not have access to such an amazing paint magician. The move is pretty likely, just don't know when. Not to mention just less worry when my wife wants to tailgate someone other than the windshield. Also those headlights are pretty pricy to replace so I had the lights and fogs covered as well. Not to mention we have the cursed flying love bugs here. If you don't get them off right away, they WILL ruin your paint. I can already tell that front bumper is a freakin' magnet for insects and whatever else is bouncing down the road. I didn't want the car to look like it had a bad case of acne from all the rock chips too. While mine is white and less obvious, it still would show up. God help you if you have red without PPF. I saw one MYP at a parking lot in red with no PPF. It looked like the face of a teenage girl with an acne breakout.

As for tow mode, my service center said they will only enable tow mode if you buy the factory hitch if you didn't order it originally. Of course your center may say different but if it matters get the factory hitch unless you only plan on using it for a bike rack.

"I have a local guy that would paint my front bumper less than the PPF would cost to install" -- Lucky!!!
"It looked like the face of a teenage girl with an acne breakout." -- wow, that is descriptive.

Thanks for the additional comments and tips everyone.

Good info on the tow hook, but it’s not anything we anticipate using (we were actually going to get an M3, as the wife is used to sedans and that’s all she’s ever had, but I talked her into the MY, just a lot more car for a bit more money).

I’ve thought about running either two electrical lines, for a possible future car; the suggestion of running a sub-panel is a good one (although I already have a sub panel in the basement right next to the main panel). I need to get an electrician to make some suggestions on options here, but something to consider.

So that Spigen screen protector is it mostly for clarity (elimination of glare) and also elimination of finger smudges? If that’s the case, maybe it’s something to consider, because I am otherwise not concerned about getting it as an anti-screen-scratch prevention device.

PPF on headlights. Has anyone ever said whether there is any detriment in applying to the Tesla lights. I know for my Porsche it’s largely advised against as it potentially creates some kind of a delimitation of the lights.

So that Spigen screen protector is it mostly for clarity (elimination of glare) and also elimination of finger smudges? If that’s the case, maybe it’s something to consider, because I am otherwise not concerned about getting it as an anti-screen-scratch prevention device.

PPF on headlights. Has anyone ever said whether there is any detriment in applying to the Tesla lights. I know for my Porsche it’s largely advised against as it potentially creates some kind of a delimitation of the lights.
The main reason I bought it was for the anti-glare and the screen is a fingerprint magnet. Since you can't swivel the screen there are some angle the light would shine in on and made it hard to see. YMMV of course. It is better now with tinted windows in some situations but the tint also reflects the screen but with this protector that reflected light is less. So a win-win all around for me.

The shop here has been doing them for years with no issues. Given how pricey the lights are, I'll take a delamination risk vs the likelihood of a rock strike. I have a lot of gravel trucks and road construction in my area so that factors in my decision as well. Not to mention I just got hit by a some big rocks while motorcycle riding and it took out the headlight lens on one of my bikes. Thankfully it is sort of a generic 7" reflector with an LED bulb.

Thanks for the additional comments and tips everyone.

Good info on the tow hook, but it’s not anything we anticipate using (we were actually going to get an M3, as the wife is used to sedans and that’s all she’s ever had, but I talked her into the MY, just a lot more car for a bit more money).

I’ve thought about running either two electrical lines, for a possible future car; the suggestion of running a sub-panel is a good one (although I already have a sub panel in the basement right next to the main panel). I need to get an electrician to make some suggestions on options here, but something to consider.

I really like the anti glare screen protector, rubber floor mats (easier to remove and clean) and PPF back to the doors and in front of the rear wheel well. I was also worried about a spare as I was driving from PHX to SEA a month after my purchase. I settled for the Tesla repair kit ($60) which should take care of most flat tires other than a sidewall blowout. Mainly for peace of mind. Many of the new cars now come without spares. Good luck. :)

I have to say these things have been really helpful.

Never realized I needed this one until my kid threw something and it went in the vent. Most likely the next owner will find it as I couldn't but it won't happen again with this.

This makes great use of space and is very discreet.

This was a good console organizer. I got the 2 piece which didn't include the piece above as I liked that one better. They don't seem to offer it now but the rest was good.

This window sunshade is very sturdy and works great.

Cool phone holder that doesn't go in an airvent. Just slides over the top of your center screen. I like Waze so very handy. Has a sunglass or misc. pocket on the back if you want and can mount your phone to either side.

These things really help me out on a daily basis.

Happy to see someone else "finally" post who has their main breaker box in the basement. Some of use (MidWest) live in places where you can't have the box in the garage and it's a 5 foot run to get a 14-50.

I also concur with the others about the Spigen screen protector. If you are considering any protector, I'd go the Spigen as their 'system' (just watch some YouTube videos) make it virtually impossible to get it perfectly aligned.

Reactions: tdeno
Happy to see someone else "finally" post who has their main breaker box in the basement. Some of use (MidWest) live in places where you can't have the box in the garage and it's a 5 foot run to get a 14-50.

I also concur with the others about the Spigen screen protector. If you are considering any protector, I'd go the Spigen as their 'system' (just watch some YouTube videos) make it virtually impossible to get it perfectly aligned.

"main breaker box in the basement." I was thinking the same thing, in that almost every video talks about a 'simple' run for the garage main to the outlet/wall install. Not so much for me, it was not the best (I have a finished basement --- weeee), but not the worse to get the cables ran to the sub-panel. Now just need to get the car.