TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

1st newbie post

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hill, Apr 21, 2015.

1. hill

hill Member

Hi all you old timers - My 1st Forum post here. Our 1st EV drives were in our company S-10 EV's. About the time those leases ran out, we'd gotten our '04 Prius ... trading in the 99 Ford Explorer. Two years later, the 06 hybrid Lexus SUV came to market, so we said bye bye to the 2002 Range Rover. Then, March of 2011 we finally went back to pure ev, purchasing Leaf with VIN ending with 000659. It' s got 50K miles on it now. Gona say bye bye to the hybrid Lexus , just as soon as the X gets delivered. With our purposely (fully amortized) over sized rooftop PV system - both the Leaf & the X can fuel up for zero cost. So, that's the plan, and a bit of our history. Ok, that's post #1. I want to give thanks to the mods for maintaining the forum, too.

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Welcome to the forums!

3. ModelX

ModelX Member

Welcome!

4. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

5. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Member

Wow, the Chevy S-10 EVs! I had read about them, but of course have hardly ever heard of anyone who had or drove one. With that and the hybrids and the LEAF, you are quite the gas saving and electrical driving pioneer.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Welcome to TMC! Interesting to have someone with S-10 EV experience here. So do you have an X reservation?

7. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Gotta love the full amortized PV system. I had a Solar City PPA system installed in February but it's still not turned-on yet. The electric company needs to swap-out my meter and they are in no hurry to do so. It's killing me that these panels have been on my roof for two months with zero production. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

8. hill

hill Member

more of the geek/electronics & gas saving thing, if I had to label ....

- - - Updated - - -

yep ... 2 days ago. I'm trying to multi quote this ... but i'm thinking after I hit enter it's gona be a new post ... bahhh! I'll figure it out.