Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st post, we just ordered a mylr a standard range became available should we switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a bit over a week ago still no vin or trade in value on our trade not sure what the difference between the two is other range
It depends your situation.. Do you REALLY need to have the LR? Or are you an EV Newb and just have range anxiety?

I've been driving EV's for the last 10 yrs and got my first Tesla Model 3 Standard+ 4 yrs ago. It served the purpose for me at the time for 240 miles (EPA) range. 4 years later when I ordered my Model Y, due to the purpose as the family primary "travel car" (i.e. Long weekend run to 400 miles away) I wanted a LR this time strictly for the convinience factor as the same 400 miles trip would mean 2 stops on the Model 3 Standard + but the MYLR will be just 1 stop.

I noticed that many are purchasing the first EV and have range anxiety. I dont that that problem but I understand someone new to EV may want that piece of mind to sleep better.

I hope this helps,

beewang

It depends your situation.. Do you REALLY need to have the LR? Or are you an EV Newb and just have range anxiety?

I've been driving EV's for the last 10 yrs and got my first Tesla Model 3 Standard+ 4 yrs ago. It served the purpose for me at the time for 240 miles (EPA) range. 4 years later when I ordered my Model Y, due to the purpose as the family primary "travel car" (i.e. Long weekend run to 400 miles away) I wanted a LR this time strictly for the convinience factor as the same 400 miles trip would mean 2 stops on the Model 3 Standard + but the MYLR will be just 1 stop.

I noticed that many are purchasing the first EV and have range anxiety. I dont that that problem but I understand someone new to EV may want that piece of mind to sleep better.

I hope this helps,

beewang
Yes we are very much ev newbs, the car will be driven a lot as an full time uber I feel like we should wait for our mylr because of the added range and the likely hood of it being hw4 I would have more confidence if tesla would assign a vin and give us a trade value

Using an EV with a rideshare use case is very interesting to think about (at least here in NYC where you might be in a lot of stop and go between fares). The time it takes to charge from 80% - 100% (to realize that extra mileage on a single charge) is probably 20-30 minutes - and likely the equivalent of the time of another fare. Most drivers would likely take 2 or 3 fares and then charge, regardless of battery option. LR you might be able to eek out 1 more fare. This may not relate at all to the OP's post since it appears s/he is in Utah, where the average fare is significantly higher mileage plus those huge fluctuations in temperature) - LR may be the way to go just for that.