Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st super charge on model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did my first super charge at Birchanger Services today.
They really need to install more than the 4 units that are there.
When we arrived there were two free (though one space was covered in broken glass), but by the time we left there were 3 M3's waiting.

They aren't 'Model 3 only...' if they were then there would only be a CCS connector there...
yes, I meant to say in post 'priority'

I was surprised how few CCS were at Fleet considering how many stalls there are. I'm not even convinced those still under wraps are CCS enabled. At Liphook, all were CCS but I guess thats because it is fairly new.

Last edited:
Did my first super charge at Birchanger Services today.
They really need to install more than the 4 units that are there.

Tesla of course have data about how often stalls are busy and prioritise accordingly ... they also know where people were heading after charging ... and whether there is sufficient power at that site, a friendly landlord, planning issues and so on ...

Colchester will provide an alternative for a lot of East Anglia traffic

Tesla of course have data about how often stalls are busy and prioritise accordingly ... they also know where people were heading after charging ... and whether there is sufficient power at that site, a friendly landlord, planning issues and so on ...

Colchester will provide an alternative for a lot of East Anglia traffic
just spoke to best western in colchester where this site is supposed to be going - they have zero knowledge of anything tesla related being on or near their property....

Only performed two Supercharges. The first at Hopwood I knew you had to give the connector a bit of a wiggle to release it from the holster and got it out in a few seconds. Charged at Abington on Monday and had to wrestle with it for about 20 seconds and nearly gave up on that connector. I thought it was push and lift to release which is what I did in Hopwood but Abington was definitely a lot tougher

• Informative
Reactions: poolmeds
Only performed two Supercharges. The first at Hopwood I knew you had to give the connector a bit of a wiggle to release it from the holster and got it out in a few seconds. Charged at Abington on Monday and had to wrestle with it for about 20 seconds and nearly gave up on that connector. I thought it was push and lift to release which is what I did in Hopwood but Abington was definitely a lot tougher

When I first got the M3 (first week September) I did my first test charge at Abington ... I thought it was me but at least one of the stalls has a very reluctant release mechanism. I actually ended up using another one as I was not prepared to wrestle with it and wasn't then used to the Supercharging routine. I strongly suspect you found that same connector!