Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st Time @ Service Center

Do you put your car in Valet Mode when dropping off for Service?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about to take my M3 for the 1st time at the Service Center in the Burbank location and was wondering if I should put my car in Valet Mode? Not sure if that is even necessary because they might have the codes anyways to disable right?

The reason why I'm dropping my car is because upon pickup on 4/28 there were some issues like paint chip that needs to be resolved.

Thanks!

I suggest taking good pictures of EVERY panel and inside. Then carefully examine when it's back. Many have observed small scratches/etc after getting it serviced. I've had it happen a few times and keep forgetting to check carefully after getting it back and later regretting it when I find a new scratch somewhere inside the car (most of my warranty work has been inside the car).

I am about to take my M3 for the 1st time at the Service Center in the Burbank location and was wondering if I should put my car in Valet Mode? Not sure if that is even necessary because they might have the codes anyways to disable right?

The reason why I'm dropping my car is because upon pickup on 4/28 there were some issues like paint chip that needs to be resolved.

Thanks!

Please don't!

In an unfortunate event the battery catches fire, they need to reach the loop in the frunk.

• Funny
Reactions: jelloslug
So are the suggestions to take pictures inside and out because the service centers are so untrustworthy that you need this level of mitigation? I haven't needed to go to that length for any dealership based service in many decades of driving.

Or is it that Teslas are so fragile that they need to be encased in cotton wool?

So are the suggestions to take pictures inside and out because the service centers are so untrustworthy that you need this level of mitigation? I haven't needed to go to that length for any dealership based service in many decades of driving.

Or is it that Teslas are so fragile that they need to be encased in cotton wool?

I think they are just rushing through so many that they are careless and don't take good care of the cars. Maybe I'm in the minority who have had multiple incidents where I've noticed damage done after I get home...so I have plan to be very thorough next time before I take my car back.

so Tesla service centers are significantly worse at looking after our cars than every other dealership out there.
I've been taking my cars to dealer networks for 30 years and never felt the need to go to the lengths of photographing my entire car because I don't trust them.
This is a serious issue if it is that bad already. People ding the dealers as being terrible, but it sounds like service centers are significantly worse.