Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1yr free supercharging for M3 or MY cancelled out referrals code?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The code isn’t suppose to come until like January 11th and then it will canobolize your 1000 miles which seems unfair. Also, it’s counterintuitive because it un-incentives you to send your code around to convince people to buy one for that year.

People should say they want their 1000 miles tacked on at the end of your/our year. A few emails or letters and I bet we do. We helped you get to your 500k and thanks for the incentive but I also still am owed the 1000 and I don’t feel greedy saying so.

Reactions: Phlier
The referral miles start the date of delivery, and end in 6 months; no exceptions. Therefore, free supercharging will wipe out whatever is remaining of your 1,000 miles. I'm on the same boat. Will take delivery tomorow, and SA said free supercharging should kick in like Jan 15. I start a long trip on Jan 14. But if they don't kick in by the 19th, I'd have to pay for miles, so hope they do. I'd almost wipe out the 1K miles by then.

Hey guys, a related question: Should I use supercharging on my first recharge (and maybe 2nd), when I'm going to have to supercharge for about 1,300 miles on that trip? Thx.

Reactions: 95gator
The referral miles start the date of delivery, and end in 6 months; no exceptions. Therefore, free supercharging will wipe out whatever is remaining of your 1,000 miles. I'm on the same boat. Will take delivery tomorow, and SA said free supercharging should kick in like Jan 15. I start a long trip on Jan 14. But if they don't kick in by the 19th, I'd have to pay for miles, so hope they do. I'd almost wipe out the 1K miles by then.

Hey guys, a related question: Should I use supercharging on my first recharge (and maybe 2nd), when I'm going to have to supercharge for about 1,300 miles on that trip? Thx.

I would supercharge before the trip, just to make sure everything works as it should.

Reactions: Phlier
Does anyone know if the current promotion that Tesla is offering for 1yr of supercharging cancelled out the referral code that was in place when you order the car?
I am totally confused about the free supercharging. I picked up my 2021 model S on 12/29 and was told by the delivering agent that starting on 01/01/2021 that I would be given a 1 year free supercharging. I called her back and she has not responding to my calls or e-mails.
I really think that she gave me wrong information.

Yeah and I think it’s BS. Unless there is verbiage that says one cancels the other, I’m going to be calling Tesla and demanding my 1000. One shouldn’t canobolize the other.

I’m sure the paper work says otherwise but boo to that :)

Moreover, it decentivizes anyone from using their referral code. Who am I kidding? I’ve probably sold 2 Teslas in the week I’ve had it.

I have a referral code in place (1,000 miles expire on 6/30/2021) and 1 year of free supercharging. I took delivery of my car on 12/30/2020, and the free supercharging started 1/1/2021. I have only supercharged once on 1/3/2021. My loot box still says that I have 1,000 miles free miles. I guess this means I won't get to use the free 1,000 free miles from referral because it overlaps with 1 year free supercharging.

in my case, I paid in full on 12/30 and was promised delivered by 12/31. Obviously, that didn't happen and my SA said he has no idea whether he can compensate me with the 1 yr free supercharging plus 3 mos. of FSD. Anyone in this situation?

in my case, I paid in full on 12/30 and was promised delivered by 12/31. Obviously, that didn't happen and my SA said he has no idea whether he can compensate me with the 1 yr free supercharging plus 3 mos. of FSD. Anyone in this situation?
I was scheduled to pick up my M3P on 12/30 (was bumped once from 12/28). I got a call an hour before my appt by the SA to say my car was in NJ (I'm in MA). So obviously no car on 12/30. He said I would still get the 1 year free SC and the 3 months FSD. I still don't have the car (supposed to be getting it 1/9 now), and when I spoke to my SA again he reiterated that I'm good for the perks because I was scheduled on 12/30 and the delay wasn't my fault. He also said he would try to do something for the inconvenience (I asked for a loaner but he said he didn't have any--I'm paying for a rental, I may ask him to cover that). I don't have it in writing, though. I haven't paid in full yet, just a deposit. He seems trustworthy, hope I don't get burned when I pick up the car and then they ghost me...

Reactions: 95gator
It's 1 year. It used to be 6 months.
I took delivery on 12/31/2020 and my lootbox says the 1000 miles expires in 6/30/2021, so six months. The 1 year was mentioned in context to those who were unable to use their supercharger miles due to government lockdowns last year. I don't think it applies any longer (especially not for people who also got the free 1 year).

Like others I just checked today and my Tesla account also says free supercharging for 1 year.

I was scheduled to pick up my M3P on 12/30 (was bumped once from 12/28). I got a call an hour before my appt by the SA to say my car was in NJ (I'm in MA). So obviously no car on 12/30. He said I would still get the 1 year free SC and the 3 months FSD. I still don't have the car (supposed to be getting it 1/9 now), and when I spoke to my SA again he reiterated that I'm good for the perks because I was scheduled on 12/30 and the delay wasn't my fault. He also said he would try to do something for the inconvenience (I asked for a loaner but he said he didn't have any--I'm paying for a rental, I may ask him to cover that). I don't have it in writing, though. I haven't paid in full yet, just a deposit. He seems trustworthy, hope I don't get burned when I pick up the car and then they ghost me...
I would have gotten it in writing if it's important to you. When I was at the store for my delivery, the reps there weren't that sure how the perks were going (no clue about FSD, although they did say 1 year supercharging would activate 1/4). Not sure how certain your rep would be that he could add that even if you take delivery later (although obviously it's not your fault).

I would have gotten it in writing if it's important to you. When I was at the store for my delivery, the reps there weren't that sure how the perks were going (no clue about FSD, although they did say 1 year supercharging would activate 1/4). Not sure how certain your rep would be that he could add that even if you take delivery later (although obviously it's not your fault).
Thanks, I will get at least the 1000 SC miles from a referral code. I don't anticipate using SC that much anyway. I think playing with the FSD for 3 months would be interesting, although it would have to be pretty darn impressive for me to purchase it. So if I don't get it it won't be a huge deal, just a disappointment. (Would be nice to have smart summon for the winter though!) I'll repost when I pick up my car.

I'm sure they actually do the raffle (the lawyers say they have to!) but have you seen a report of anyone actually winning a Y or Roadster via the referral contest? I haven't ...

Yes, I have seen a couple people reporting winning the Y. (One posted to sell it here on TMC and got a lot of slack, so I understand if most winners don't announce themselves.)

Reactions: dmurphy