Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1yr free supercharging for M3 or MY cancelled out referrals code?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am totally confused about the free supercharging. I picked up my 2021 model S on 12/29 and was told by the delivering agent that starting on 01/01/2021 that I would be given a 1 year free supercharging. I called her back and she has not responding to my calls or e-mails.
I really think that she gave me wrong information.
The 1 year Free SC promotion was for the Y and 3, not Model S. I bought a new S on January 2nd. I could have pushed for year end 2020 delivery but they offered no incentive to take it in 2020 so I picked it up when they scheduled delivery.

Would be nice to have smart summon for the winter though!
Not sure if I’d consider having Smart Summon as "nice". The name is somewhat of an oxymoron because it’s fun to show off once or twice but it is so "Dumb" it really needs someone to walk along with it if you want to try to make sure it doesn’t hit something or just stop while heading towards oncoming traffic. We have tried our Summon just a few times and it is almost funny how bad the system works. We have not had any damage but if you follow the blogs many people have gouged wheels to show for their lack of oversight with Smart Summon. If it needs constant supervision I don’t think it is of any benefit in winter.

• Funny
Reactions: 95gator and dgb62
Yes, I have seen a couple people reporting winning the Y. (One posted to sell it here on TMC and got a lot of slack, so I understand if most winners don't announce themselves.)

Cool! And why the heck would you get crap for selling it? If I won a Y, I'd probably sell it too. I'd rather have the cash than a 3rd Tesla right now... nor would I want the income tax hit for it.

Not sure if I’d consider having Smart Summon as "nice". The name is somewhat of an oxymoron because it’s fun to show off once or twice but it is so "Dumb" it really needs someone to walk along with it if you want to try to make sure it doesn’t hit something or just stop while heading towards oncoming traffic. We have tried our Summon just a few times and it is almost funny how bad the system works. We have not had any damage but if you follow the blogs many people have gouged wheels to show for their lack of oversight with Smart Summon. If it needs constant supervision I don’t think it is of any benefit in winter.
That's good to know! Where I park at work I usually have to walk about 200yds to get to my car so I was thinking it would be nice to stay warm and have the car come to me. But I guess not...

Those who have driven both 2021s model 3 and S, is the S quieter at highway speeds now? Many have reported that it isn't any quieter due to being a hatchback. Curious if Tesla has made improvements in that department for 2021. There are no Ss where I live, hence my asking. Our 2021 M3 LR doesn't seem any quieter than the 2020 we drove last year, but with double-pane front windows, it might be a little. The wind noise is more than I'd like, which we'll get to try on our first long trip later in the week. Otherwise, it'd make no sense to pay 50% more for an S, to be honest. We don't need the extra space.

Those who have driven both 2021s model 3 and S, is the S quieter at highway speeds now? Many have reported that it isn't any quieter due to being a hatchback. Curious if Tesla has made improvements in that department for 2021. There are no Ss where I live, hence my asking. Our 2021 M3 LR doesn't seem any quieter than the 2020 we drove last year, but with double-pane front windows, it might be a little. The wind noise is more than I'd like, which we'll get to try on our first long trip later in the week. Otherwise, it'd make no sense to pay 50% more for an S, to be honest. We don't need the extra space.
In my opinion the S is much quieter than the 3. The only time I have noticed any additional road noise from the S hatch area is when the cargo cover is either out or left flipped up. Even then the S is still quieter than the 3. That said it may just be how much better the current Raven S with its new suspension rides over the Model 3 with its spring suspension. All the reviews I have read online where they measured the dB level also say the S is quieter. The difference in the two cars is more than just more room, comfort or sound level, the S also has much more range and power at both the long range and performance trim levels. Is it worth the extra money? I feel it is but that is just my opinion and it is an individual decision. The 3 vs S price difference used to be much greater but now with the much lower Model S pricing the S is now a better value than it was a couple years ago. The S is now about $50,000 less expensive on both the base and Performance cars than it was back in 2017 where a Performance S could top over $150k with options and a S90D was pushing $120K before taxes well optioned.

Last edited:
Hi new member planning on ordering a Model 3 Performance in Vancouver.

I talked to a rep today and they said 1 year free supercharging promo ended Dec 31. Do you know if they will have this offer again later this year?
Given this is a one time deal for end of year push (same with the free 3 months FSD), I would say it's not that likely. Remember to use a referral code and get 1000 miles for 6 months at least.

I have not had any problem using Smart Summons the 2-3x I’ve tried it but I’ve only tried it in very “easy circumstances”.