Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.0 / 2.5 Roadster / Roadster Sport Tire Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been running DSW06 since I had the car. I agree with X.I.r.8. , the reason I went with them were cold mornings. They are obviously not extreme sport tires. Cornering they give a little on the sidewall but then stiffen up and stick really well. Ride will be softer and much , much quieter, but you can push them, you just need to get used to them. I wouldn't track them. They are amazing in rain and snow, I run them on all the cars I've had since the tires came out.,, but the roadster doesn't see salt/snow. One hint is to push the front psi to 40psi or so, transforms steering feedback for the better. I keep the rears at recommended 40psi.

• Helpful
Reactions: IslandRoadster
I've been running DSW06 since I had the car. I agree with X.I.r.8. , the reason I went with them were cold mornings. They are obviously not extreme sport tires. Cornering they give a little on the sidewall but then stiffen up and stick really well. Ride will be softer and much , much quieter, but you can push them, you just need to get used to them. I wouldn't track them. They are amazing in rain and snow, I run them on all the cars I've had since the tires came out.,, but the roadster doesn't see salt/snow. One hint is to push the front psi to 40psi or so, transforms steering feedback for the better. I keep the rears at recommended 40psi.
Thanks @X.l.r.8 and @ion_1 for the feedback. I did go ahead with the DSW06 non-sport, mostly because I wanted to replace the original 10 year old tires. I do feel the difference, but will get used to it...might up the pressure in the front as suggested.
Currently only taking it out in mornings with slightly cooler temps until fall, most likely.

I am looking for new summer tires for my non-sport Roadster. I came across the Nankang Sportnex NS-2R. These are available in the sizes we need - albeit in 195 width for the front, not 175 - and in track and street versions. Has anyone tried these and, if so, what are your experiences?

I need a set of summer tires, but it seems that the AD07 are out of stock, and the now recommended (by my SC) AD08 is not available in the right dimensions for the front wheels. I failed to find the Continental ExtremeContact Sports that seems favoured by many here. I have received an offer on Falken FK510 (rear) and ZE310 (front). Any advice?

I need a set of summer tires, but it seems that the AD07 are out of stock, and the now recommended (by my SC) AD08 is not available in the right dimensions for the front wheels. I failed to find the Continental ExtremeContact Sports that seems favoured by many here. I have received an offer on Falken FK510 (rear) and ZE310 (front). Any advice?

By coincidence I'm also shopping for new tires for my Roadster. I'm not familiar with AD07. Who makes them? Thanks for the assist.

softer? The AD07s certainly don’t last long as it is. I can only imagine how little miles one would get with the A048s!!

Yeah, the A048s were like a roll of tape sticking the road and peeling off as you drove along. Probably best considered as a track only tire, but Tesla did deliver some Roadster sports with them.

ADVAN A048 radials meet DOT requirements, however they are not recommended for driving in wet conditions where standing water is present and there is the risk of hydroplaning; drivers should drive cautiously at reduced speeds if they encounter these conditions.

attachment-php-attachmentid-701-stc-1-d-1276046544-jpg.123085

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Roadrunner13
Thank you. I'll mention Tirerack has the Continetal Extreme Contact DWS 06 at a very reasonable price. Under 500.
I looked at the DWS, but couldn't find a match for both front and back, and ended up with the Extreme Contact Sports. They are not all-season tires, but it generally doesn't get cold enough here to need winter tires, and I don't take the car out when the weather is nasty anyway. Very happy with those tires.

You can try the Yokohama V701 - Front 195/50R16 and Rear 225/45/R17

I have them on this season and they are not that bad. Well, not comparable to the AD07/AD08, but better than nothing...