TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2.12.22 in Canada

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by steilkurve, Feb 19, 2016.

1. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Has anyone gotten it in Canada or outside of the US? And if so, has it enabled Summon? Please, please say yes!

2. Lex

Lex Member

I pressed the X on the "Update Available" dialog last night because I wanted to go for a drive instead... and then the clock icon later disappeared (I didn't schedule the upgrade, it I just X'ed it). This happened to me once before and it took weeks to get the update notice again. Just rebooted everything still no update.

Perhaps Tesla pushed it and then pulled it when they remembered to keep Summon from Canadians ???

3. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Let's hope not!

Anyone else got it?

4. Chasedrgc1223

Chasedrgc1223 Nearly Insane

This happened a handful of people for 7.1 when it initially came out. The update had been pulled for some owners of 70D's as it would change the "70D" on the dashboard to 60. There was also talk it messed up some autopilot data storage, but I can't confirm that. It is a little strange that no owner has reported installing it in Canada (at least so far) before the update was pulled.

5. scottm

scottm Active Member

I dunno what version I'm getting that is now scheduled to install tonight.

There's a raft of bugs I'm hoping to see fixed. Don't care if there's new function. Don't need autopilot schtuff.

6. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Are you in Canada or outside the US?

7. mochouinard

mochouinard Member

I received 2.12.45 yesterday, but no idea about summon since I got a legacy Model S

8. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Thanks. You're in Canada I take it?

9. mochouinard

mochouinard Member

Well, if you consider Québec part of Canada... Yes :p

10. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

lol

As a matter of fact, I do. ;-)

11. scottm

scottm Active Member

If you'll notice underneath the user name of person who makes a post, on the left, is a field that says Location and in my case is Canada. So is yours.

12. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

True that. Sorry. I was accessing through Tapatalk which doesn't provide location upfront. I realize now it does by clicking the handle. So from now, I shall stop querying all of you on your location!

That being said, this seems to be a fairly targeted rollout. Few posts from the US, even though this is bringing noticeable changes to Summon.

I'm at the SC Tuesday for my Ludicrous upgrade. Curious to see what software I'll get.

13. scottm

scottm Active Member

#13 scottm, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    2.12.45 was given to me last night.

It fixed my Bluetooth that had been completely broken for months.

It didn't fix my broken Nav. Still won't route to destinations. No Nav applet on left in cluster.
    No trip calculation functions, nearest chargers, etc none of that.

It fixed voice command input which has also been broken for months.
    Now I can request songs, and destinations by voice. Destinations that I can never get a route to drive to, mind you.

But what giveth also taketh away....

here's a new one: it broke Slacker. After requesting a song nothing happens. No play.
    No channels show under Slacker either. But voice requests bring up search list of suggestions.

So voice requests for songs that never play.

At least yesterday I could have typed in a slacker request and it would have played. Today no play.

The release notes added that the Creep setting is now saved with driver profile.

Why don't the release notes include the list of stuff they really did in that release..??

In this release we:
    Busted Slacker.

Fixed our bug that killed Bluetooth for some users.

Fixed our bug that killed voice commands for some users.

14. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

Thank goodness. I know Bluetooth can be frustrating, but killing the users is taking it a bit too far.

15. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

I had Bluetooth issues in 7.0 (occasionally got the "Bluetooth not functioning correctly" message) but it has been much better in 7.1 (since 2.9.154). I got 2.12.45 yesterday and it fixed the energy graph bug.

Slacker's broken for me too in 2.12.45. There's another thread about that.

Scottm, what does Tesla say about your Nav issues? It sounds like it's an issue specific to your car. Does the Nav app show your location correctly as you drive? Or, just a guess, maybe your Navigon map database is corrupted and needs to be re-downloaded?

16. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

So is this update coming OTA or only at service centers? My car was in for service last week but only got the update right before this one. Argh. Missed it by that much...

17. scottm

scottm Active Member

Tesla is putting in a new center stack next week to address Nav, and fix Bluetooth, and fix voice cmds.
    The software update last night fixed Bluetooth and voice commands.

Nav still nothing... so I'm going ahead with the new 'puter in hopes it will do the job.
    And I've elected to take 4G LTE upgrade at same time. That alone might fix the nav because there are nav chips on same gyro board that's swapped out for the upgrade...

My car is showing current position on center maps that paint correctly as I drive.

Nav busted at the same time voice cmds, and bluetooth busted... day after a firmware update Dec.2015. I think it was the first minor update after the 7.1 that did the damage.

Considering software revived BT and voice cmds... odds are software could bring back Nav.

Don't think it was corrupt Nav DB that did it in, but good thinking!

18. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

Slacker is working now.

19. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

I received the .45 update yesterday as well for a non-AP car. I haven't had any issue with 7.1 or 7.0 except slow navigation, for which the widely reported "delete all recent entries" fix worked.

20. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

I had mine in for service yesterday and they said they could see that 2.12.22 tried and failed to download, but they only had the ability to "push" 2.11.xx to mine. He actually showed me on the laptop, so I have no reason to doubt him. So, it appears they start pushing over the air before the service centers can download to your car via laptop.