Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2/22 Configurators

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ditto for pickup on the 29th in Charlotte...sliver though......

Both of you and RUNSILNT are lucky (or just normal, and I'm the Unlucky oddball)... Still waiting for that VIN from a 2/19 config...

I was teaching a student yesterday and he reminded me of a saying as we were wrapping up and I was complaining about my lack of VIN while refreshing my Tesla Account again:

"A watched phone never rings"

Reactions: RUNSILNT
Both of you and RUNSILNT are lucky (or just normal, and I'm the Unlucky oddball)... Still waiting for that VIN from a 2/19 config...

I was teaching a student yesterday and he reminded me of a saying as we were wrapping up and I was complaining about my lack of VIN while refreshing my Tesla Account again:

"A watched phone never rings"

*UPDATE*: VIN assigned overnight! 1156X Hallelujah!!

I suspect that the line shutdown and slow rate recovery (per Bloomberg tracker) caused a logistics hiccup between the 2/22 configurations vs typical VIN assignment. Glad to hear that is almost worked through and hope it goes to 0% soon. I also hope that Tesla has allowed for this in their current and recent configuration invites - clear the backlog by inviting fewer until caught up. I think waiting more than a month for a VIN sounds painful. I configured on 3/22 and while I keep checking for my VIN, I know better than to expect it before the 2/22 queue is cleared.

I wonder if it's a pearl white thing? I've seen a few blue ones get VINs, but my pearl white designed on 2/27 is also waiting. Hopefully they retool the paint shop and push a couple hundred pearl white ones through! The EAP and FSD doesn't really matter since all cars have the same AP hardware. But I'm getting the stock rims if anyone is curious.
Come on PEARL WHITE!

I suspect that the line shutdown and slow rate recovery (per Bloomberg tracker) caused a logistics hiccup between the 2/22 configurations vs typical VIN assignment. Glad to hear that is almost worked through and hope it goes to 0% soon. I also hope that Tesla has allowed for this in their current and recent configuration invites - clear the backlog by inviting fewer until caught up. I think waiting more than a month for a VIN sounds painful. I configured on 3/22 and while I keep checking for my VIN, I know better than to expect it before the 2/22 queue is cleared.

I hope you're right. Tired of waiting - will be much better when i have an actual date. 2/22 config here, MSM aero, in Colorado

Configed 2/22
VIN assigned this morning - 137XX
White - 19" - EAP
Minneapolis
Happy!!!

I have this exact configuration and configured on the same date!
I wonder if it's a pearl white thing? I've seen a few blue ones get VINs, but my pearl white designed on 2/27 is also waiting. Hopefully they retool the paint shop and push a couple hundred pearl white ones through! The EAP and FSD doesn't really matter since all cars have the same AP hardware. But I'm getting the stock rims if anyone is curious.
Come on PEARL WHITE!
I have the same configuration as yours except I configured 5 days earlier. No VIN yet :( I think it is really really soon.

Bustin and JimmyAZ, I have exactly the same configuration, but I configured 6 days later, on 2/28. No VIN for me either. Not sure if it is white paint or being in AZ that is the holdup. We must be getting close though.

My New Equation: 2 years + 2 days = M3
2 years + 2 days = 732 days = 17,568 hours until delivery of our Tesla Model 3!

Yes delivery really happened; Monday, 4/2 my wife and I took delivery at the new San Diego Delivery Center. The experience was positively excellent. Kudos for this positive experience start with Elle, our ISA. Starting with her first contact last week she kept me continually appraised of progress and next steps via e-mails and phone calls. She even went the extra mile to coordinate with Kia Finance to obtain their release of our personalized plates we had on our leased Kia Soul EV+ that we turned in last week. John greeted us warmly at the door and he was the person to take care of document signing. He had everything ready for us to sign; all paperwork in place including the CA DMV transfer of our existing personalized plates to the M3. Without Elle's help; we probably would of needed to first receive standard issue plates in about 45 days and then deal with the DMV to transfer the personalized plates to the M3. John then introduced us to Jose who spent a good amount of time while we took pictures; carefully examined the vehicle using the checklist found on the forum; paired our iPhones to the vehicle and the keycards; and provided an excellent overview and demonstration of touchscreen functions, vehicle operation, etc. He was quite knowledgeable, proficient, answered all of our questions, and was a pleasure to work with. During our inspection we did notice the driver side door didn't quite align flush with the side panel; also there was a small gap in the seal at the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. He immediately had someone look at it; advised they agreed it needed correction and said it could be done there. He apologized that it may take a half-hour to correct. Within half an hour the door was perfectly aligned; the windshield seal addressed (though it probably never would of been a problem as is); and also had our personalized plates installed providing a Tesla M3 frame on both the front and rear. It's been a long 2 years and 2 days since standing in line at Fashion Valley mall in San Diego; but after driving the car for only about 35 miles - it was worth it. The car looks great and is delightful to drive. Many thanks to many contributors on this forum who provided valuable insight; checklists; and shared the experience of the wait.

Reactions: SD_Engnr