TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2.25 conversion, interior upgrade, and repaint

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by ipdamages, Feb 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ipdamages

ipdamages Roadster Sports 835 & 972

it has taken longer than i anticipated and wanted (especially because i so vastly prefer an EV to an ICE), but i have now gotten my upgraded and converted 2.25 back. i had a lot done, and getting it "just right" takes a long time and an unwillingness to tolerate "pretty good." but fortunately, elie ad his team at al & ed's (link: West Hollywood ) had the necessary passionfor]]] for excellence, and i'm very happy with the outcome. while the yellow may not suit many, it is exacty what i wanted. what was done: 2.5 front end, 2.5 rear diffuser, new decals and badges, all new interior in black and yellow, double DIN with excellent pioneer unit, CF ducts/sills/rear spoiler/door pulls/binnacle/stereo trim, yellow paint, yellow calipers. thanks to elie and his team and to tesla LA for all their help in getting the parts lined up. the only part that i may still add is possibly a CF front bumper edge.

all the before and after pics are here:
    Tesla 2.0 to 2.25 and red to yellow - a set on Flickr

- chris

Attached Files:

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Looks like they did an awesome job there. The black logos, and the custom T emblem contrast nicely against the yellow.

3. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

Wow, they did an amazing job with your car. I love the yellow stitching (throughout) and the carbon fiber door sills. :smile:

Is there a Tesla logo on the driver's side front fender as well? Or is it just on the passenger side?

4. ipdamages

The logo is on both sides. Tesla does it the same way. When I first saw a car with the logo there I started to drool and knew I'd want to do that one day.

5. LST

LST Senior Member

IPDAMAGES:
    Wow, awesome ! What a good job and excellent choice of colour and materials. The solution oft the dash, double din and vents is perfect, much better than the 2.5 with the "half-moon" vents sitting just on top of the double din. Now the roadster really looks like a 100k plus supersport. (maybe now it's a 200k car..; ))

Congrats again !

6. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

ipdamages: TOP Shelf! Kudos & enjoy! :cool:

For the record Tesla did not know that this was even feasible until Al & Ed's came up with this first, Elon looked at Franz as if to say, "I want that" and within 6 months the 2.5 interior was "born" at Tesla:
    1. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/4190-Roadster-2-5-The-new-Roadster/page12?p=47007#post47007
    2. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/3617-Tesla-CES (look at post #18 which was the prevailing wisdom until it was proven by Al & Ed's that the Earth was not flat!) :rolleyes:

7. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

Beautiful work!!!!!!!!!

8. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

Thanks for letting me know. Al & Ed's did a excellent job on that conversion, I hope you enjoy your beautiful Tesla! :biggrin:

9. daniel

daniel Active Member

Beautiful car! Love the color. Mine is "Very Orange." I like a quiet blue or green for a stinker. But bright orange or yellow seems appropriate for a sports car, especially an electric one.

10. ipdamages

Thanks for the compliments. I agree with your point, daniel. While the car pre-change was nice, it was a more subdued look. This is much more "in your face," but I'm comfortable with that and I think that the Roadster is the kind of car that can back up that kind of look. As Ian showed in My Ride Rules, the car is really in a class of its own and offers a combination of features that is incredible - and it is hard for folks to deny that when they get beyond their initial perceptions and closed minds. To that end, I think that colors like Twilight Blue or silver are beautiful, but a bold Very Orange or yellow or Fusion Red makes a very different statement. It's definitely a conversation starter, and I'm more than happy to talk about the car to people and to achieve a paradigm shift in the way people see EVs.

11. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

+1 on that!