Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2/28 order, just got the call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did your VIN appear on your My Tesla account page?

I was third in line on 3/31/16, formally placed my build order on 3/12/18, and after calling Tesla the other day, they told me a sales associate had been assigned to me, but as of 5 minutes ago, I still only have my original RN number on my tesla account page, no VIN in sight. Although today the numbers did show up showing the total cost and my down payment and reservation payment under the "payment method" section.

I was third in line on 3/31/16, formally placed my build order on 3/12/18, and after calling Tesla the other day, they told me a sales associate had been assigned to me, but as of 5 minutes ago, I still only have my original RN number on my tesla account page, no VIN in sight. Although today the numbers did show up showing the total cost and my down payment and reservation payment under the "payment method" section.
I was checking twice a day and didn't see a VIN until after I had received the call to schedule pickup.

Interesting. I live in Newport, ordered a day after you and picked up last Thursday. Very impressed so far with quality! :)
What is your VIN? Any issues or anything you caught at pickup? Do they force your vehicle to the newest version before you leave or is it possible I'll leave without the newest software?

I was checking twice a day and didn't see a VIN until after I had received the call to schedule pickup.

What is your VIN? Any issues or anything you caught at pickup? Do they force your vehicle to the newest version before you leave or is it possible I'll leave without the newest software?
10981. I picked up in Costa Mesa.

Quality was good overall. I brought the checklist and it was hard to find anything. I am very impressed overall. Found more issues when buying my Nissan Altima and Scion FRS (brand new) i would say.

As far as the delivery experience it was good. Definitely better than buying a Chevy or Toyota but it seemed that they were trying to rush us out a bit. That's probably because we were the last appointment of the day.

As far as software.. they did not give me the latest update and I still (8 days after) do not have the latest update. It is very annoying.. although that's the only annoying thing I found so far... so I really can't complain

VIN 83xx here.

Stood in line 3/31/16. Received order email on 2/22/18, ordered 2/23, VIN assigned morning of 3/14 and got the call later that day to set up financing and delivery. Took delivery 3/23.

Pearl white, 19” wheels.

Main issue I had was a door handle on the rear passenger side wouldn’t auto-close, this was fixed with a subsequent SC visit. Also on delivery car GPS showed it was still in California (I’m in Denver) and that took 24 hours to self-correct.

Best of luck to to everyone still waiting. It’s my first Tesla and I absolutely LOVE the car!

Attachments

• 38460A48-5A6E-4430-94B7-BFEBFDA8D0FC.jpeg
    38460A48-5A6E-4430-94B7-BFEBFDA8D0FC.jpeg
    434.7 KB · Views: 94

I was third in line also. Slept overnight outside the Walnut Creek, CA store on 3/30. I configured 5 weeks ago. Still no VIN.

It almost seems like the most dedicated Tesla line waiters are getting the lowest priority delivery treatment by Tesla.