Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.4GB download on 4/20/2018??

MajorCuddles

Jul 9, 2016
Dallas
My home WiFi stats show that my Model X had a very large (2.4 GB) download over the last day which was the day after 2018.14.2 download/installation (223 MB).

Anyone have thoughts on what just staged on my Model X? I’ve never had this large of a single day download.

Attachments

• 3E9755E9-50CC-430C-AF9C-BCD989371D4E.png
    3E9755E9-50CC-430C-AF9C-BCD989371D4E.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
I got the new maps last week on my Model X AP1 a few days after I got the 2018.12 update. Make sure your car is connected to WiFi.

I got 2018.12 a few weeks ago but still haven’t gotten the map update. My car is on WiFi but it’s pulling very little data

tangent

Feb 2, 2018
Fairfax, VA
I just got my map update for my AP1. Tesla technician pushed 14.2 to mine a few days back, he informed me the map would be updated through WiFi connection. Since then I tried to park my car as close to my home WiFi as possible (about 1 to 2 bars unfortunately), so it took a few days to get the bits downloaded.

The new map is sharp, better than the old one, but still needs some polishing work. I love it! The navigation voice over is less bossy than the previous version. :)

Reactions: Pentium2004

MajorCuddles

Jul 9, 2016
Dallas
Here are the stats for the last two days:
20APR Download: 5.5GB
20APR Upload: 122MB
21APR Download: 2.8GB
21APR Upload: 66MB

It looks like the verification process does pretty intensive active verification rather than just client side checksums. That’s cool to see.

r0xx0r

Jul 9, 2016
CA
Here are the stats for the last two days:
20APR Download: 5.5GB
20APR Upload: 122MB
21APR Download: 2.8GB
21APR Upload: 66MB

It looks like the verification process does pretty intensive active verification rather than just client side checksums. That’s cool to see.
Yup. I had the same issue. The car was redownloaded many times for many nights. I ended up... open the passenger door to prevent the car goes to deep sleep at night. Have "Energy saving" OFF & "Always Connected" ON, but the car goes to deep sleep at night & makes thing fail.

MajorCuddles

Jul 9, 2016
Dallas
Yup. I had the same issue. The car was redownloaded many times for many nights. I ended up... open the passenger door to prevent the car goes to deep sleep at night. Have "Energy saving" OFF & "Always Connected" ON, but the car goes to deep sleep at night & makes thing fail.

Anyone have an idea of what the core package size is?

ptsagcy

Nov 4, 2013
NJ
I got the new nav update a few days ago and it is a tremendous improvement. Directions are much more accurate, interface is nicer, particularly the small left hand screen and time predictions are more accurate - now similar to Waze which used to be much more accurate.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC