Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.5 color display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the confusion. On later model roadsters the is a 4x6 flat panel color display in the radio area beneath the central air vents. It would be much easier to read than the 2.5x2.5 inch display on the center console.
Yes, it's possible to retrofit, but it is expensive. Plan on $2,500 for the parts and labor just to fit the opening, and then you'll have to buy the radio yourself.

The only option I'm aware of other than going it yourself is the Al & Eds shop in Hollywood CA that charges thousands for the modification. I think one might be better off selling their car and buying a 2.5 if that's super important to you. I'm going to post my solution shortly, I figured out a decent way for my 2.0 to have a large screen.

The only option I'm aware of other than going it yourself is the Al & Eds shop in Hollywood CA that charges thousands for the modification. I think one might be better off selling their car and buying a 2.5 if that's super important to you. I'm going to post my solution shortly, I figured out a decent way for my 2.0 to have a large screen.
Tesla lists the carbon fiber binnacle for the 2.5 at $2,500 installed. Since the 1.5 is $800, I've always assumed it includes the labor to modify the opening.
Tesla Carbon Fiber Stereo Binnacle

Tesla lists the carbon fiber binnacle for the 2.5 at $2,500 installed. Since the 1.5 is $800, I've always assumed it includes the labor to modify the opening.
Tesla Carbon Fiber Stereo Binnacle
So how much is it for a 2.5 owner to upgrade to a carbon fiber binnacle then? I don't think they're up for modifying anything. It's just a more expensive piece for some reason.

The 2.5 binnacle cost is to install the binnacle on a 2.5 roadster. If you are seeking to upgrade your dash from 2.0 to 2.5 there are several intensive modifications that Tesla, you, or third party must perform... AC duct adjustments are part of that. I asked for a quote from Tesla and have it somewhere... i vaguely recall a 6.5k price tag for 2.5 dash, double din stereo, backup camera, etc.

The 2.5 binnacle cost is to install the binnacle on a 2.5 roadster. If you are seeking to upgrade your dash from 2.0 to 2.5 there are several intensive modifications that Tesla, you, or third party must perform... AC duct adjustments are part of that. I asked for a quote from Tesla and have it somewhere... i vaguely recall a 6.5k price tag for 2.5 dash, double din stereo, backup camera, etc.