Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.50.114 and a map update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I have never used valet service with my Tesla and I don't care if Tesla Service changes my seating preference. I have only been there 2x to have the tires rotated in the past 12 months, so only a minor inconvenience when I get into the car after service.
I'm with you on this. Valet? Hell no! I'll park it myself. I also use an exit profile and being the only driver it works well. My wife? She is still stuck in the middle ages driving an ICE :)

Reactions: FloridaGary
While I'm with you on this, there are many hotels in big city's that, sadly, ONLY have valet parking. Same for some restaurants. Of course there's always McDonalds drive through for those with a more discriminating palate :)

We have many local restaurants that offer valet parking, but I will never valet. What I have done is to flip the valet service a few bucks to let me park in the valet parking space if it is actually better parking than general parking. So far, it's worked every time.

We have many local restaurants that offer valet parking, but I will never valet. What I have done is to flip the valet service a few bucks to let me park in the valet parking space if it is actually better parking than general parking. So far, it's worked every time.

Good idea and will keep that in mind. Thanks!
Have never cared in the past; That all changes this Friday. Can't come soon enough ;)

All software has bugs, even with the best coders, who may do better, but won't be perfect.

Quality software organizations typically have leadership committed to delivering high quality products, a methodology/culture that emphasizes delivering software without obvious bugs, and a testing program that detects bugs before they are released.

Since we continue to see obvious bugs and design flaws (like the time-of-day placement in 7.0, or the continuing media player bugs), it's hard to place all of the blame on the coders - it's more likely a larger problem. Evidently Tesla's management is willing to accept bugs in the released software, since it continues to happen.

Tesla can do better - this isn't "rocket science". Other organizations have figured out how to deliver complex software products, on aggressive schedules, with expected functionality - and without the obvious bugs and design flaws. What's surprising is how forgiving the Tesla owner community continues to be with the Tesla software issues, something they would not likely accept from anyone else (Apple, Microsoft, Google, ...).

Reactions: SoccerMan94043