Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.6k CAD to change tires? Model S 21" turbine rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We went to tesla to get a quote on changing all 4 tires and we were quoted basically $500 per tire, is it worth changing it at tesla or should we go to a third party?

Not to mention, they stated one of our wheels is bent (we have the 21" turbine rims), which would cost an extra $1500 to replace. I was thinking of going to a wheel shop and getting the bent wheel fixed instead of purchasing a whole new wheel.

Would love some advice!

I just had my tires replaced by Tesla, the 20" Michelin PS4S on a M3P. The funny thing is it was the cheapest place around. Tesla wanted $350 per tire plus $5 disposal fee per tire and that was it. No installation. total with tax $1548. That's about $2k CAD. Even online, the PS4S is $365-$340 and I would still have to pay $25-$45 per tire to have it mounted myself so I consider this a bargain.

You didn't say what model tires (which varies ALOT), but I see the PSAS4 (all season for Canada) in 245/35 and 265/35 for $405/$398 USD which is $514/$505 CAD per tires and you STILL need to mount/balance/disposal. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

You can go cheaper tires for sure. Or replace your 21s with 19s or 20s and save even more.

Try these guys…tesla is not cheap. Ask them for your tire size. Continental contisports are quiet, Performance and great handling and comfort I found compared to tesla oem.
Tire store: