Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.97 0-60 (1ft) model 3 stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
This is the fastest time listed in dragy; does anyone know if there are any others posted that are faster? 3.14 without the rollout, 2.97 with the rollout. On the 19s with continental all seasons to top it off. Only mod is the RB brake rotors the lighten everything up

Screenshot_20200613-170458.png

Reactions: RefreshedP
There were a few others that are very close to that. However, that is the fastest I can recall.

Nice work!!

well then, woot!

Had to pull some redneck figuring *sugar* out to get this. With the new rotors, I get terrible wheel spin and with a full charge; the times are actually a full tenth of a second slower than this on the same piece of asphalt. Since we can't control any of the motors like on a gas car, the only way to adjust power is literally to do the runs at a lower SOC. This was at 85% SOC. Once the new wheels are on, and some sticker tires, it'll be interesting to see how low it can go.

well then, woot!

Had to pull some redneck figuring *sugar* out to get this. With the new rotors, I get terrible wheel spin and with a full charge; the times are actually a full tenth of a second slower than this on the same piece of asphalt. Since we can't control any of the motors like on a gas car, the only way to adjust power is literally to do the runs at a lower SOC. This was at 85% SOC. Once the new wheels are on, and some sticker tires, it'll be interesting to see how low it can go.

When does max power start drifting off? I thought it was about that 80-85% is the last of max power

When does max power start drifting off? I thought it was about that 80-85% is the last of max power

You know honestly it's hard for me to say that one way or another. What I have noticed from a general sense, is that 0 to 45 is almost not affected until you get down in the 25 to 30% range. Other than that, I've had the car do faster zero to 60 times at 50% SOC, than it has done at 75 or 80% SOC before, and that's with what I thought everything being equal as far as temperatures and other variables I could control.

Using a very obtuse assertion, I would say generally that when it gets below 75% I can start to feel the difference

Reactions: Matsayz
The record belongs to @Zerosport with a 2.74 in August of last year. However this car was gutted with ~400+ pounds of weight removed around the time of testing but before the free power bumps. It was never posted to the Dragy leaderboards to show valid slope but from the video, it looked pretty flat. I'd imagine they are probably in the 2.5 second range or better now after over 500 pounds removed total and the two free power increases.

Annotation 2020-06-14 020132.png

Nice job @Sam1, but you've got your work cut out for you if you ever wanna beat the fastest time. :p

• Love
Reactions: Zerosport and Sam1
Again that one appears to have occurred at high altitude. Utah Motor Sports, where the August Density Altitude would be over 7,000 feet. Sub 3.0 at sea level is will be harder to find.
@Sam1 profile says Nevada, there's flat pavement to be found at elevations even higher than that, there. I don't know about proper tracks, though, and proximity to a SC or at least L2 is important.

Interesting that clearly they're seeing the times are very much tire limited. That wasn't seen on good pavement initially, but it must have been close if just lightening the rotors put it over. Or TC algorithm is that sensitive to rotational mass changes?

Last edited:
The record belongs to @Zerosport with a 2.74 in August of last year. However this car was gutted with ~400+ pounds of weight removed around the time of testing but before the free power bumps. It was never posted to the Dragy leaderboards to show valid slope but from the video, it looked pretty flat. I'd imagine they are probably in the 2.5 second range or better now after over 500 pounds removed total and the two free power increases.

View attachment 551337

Nice job @Sam1, but you've got your work cut out for you if you ever wanna beat the fastest time. :p

Haha no thanks, this is a daily driver. Not removing anything needed for that.

Again that one appears to have occurred at high altitude. Utah Motor Sports, where the August Density Altitude would be over 7,000 feet. Sub 3.0 at sea level is will be harder to find.

Altitude reads incorrect for some reason. It's in the desert around AZ/NV, and around 1500-1700ft.

But, air density isn't going to have much of an effect on 0-60 times either way. 100+, yeah maybe a little, but not much.

You know honestly it's hard for me to say that one way or another. What I have noticed from a general sense, is that 0 to 45 is almost not affected until you get down in the 25 to 30% range. Other than that, I've had the car do faster zero to 60 times at 50% SOC, than it has done at 75 or 80% SOC before, and that's with what I thought everything being equal as far as temperatures and other variables I could control.

Using a very obtuse assertion, I would say generally that when it gets below 75% I can start to feel the difference
Really hard to believe.
A slightly lighter rotor set will put you to say:" get terrible wheel spin"??
So what happens with very, very lighter rims?

Really hard to believe.
A slightly lighter rotor set will put you to say:" get terrible wheel spin"??
So what happens with very, very lighter rims?
by a "slightly lighter rotor set" you're referring to me dropping almost 25 pounds of rotational mass, and the car on low profile all season tires. So it doesn't matter what you believe or don't.

Reactions: RefreshedP
First discaimer: I believe on what you say, if you experieneced this "terrible wheel spin" I believe it. It's only that I'd like to understand the technical plausible reason for this unusual wheel spin.
25 pounds are a massive reduction, but it's weight saving concentrated on the center of the wheel , and the important reduction weight for rotational mass is at the external side of the wheel.
But just because I'm curious, which rotor set allow to save 25 lbs (6.xx x 4 corner).? Are you referring to MPP Page Mill front stock diameter and rear Kit?
In addition you are speaking of "low profile all season tires" . I think the correct overall diameter (OD) it's about 25.6" . Low profile can be considered only 20" rims that are /35 ratio. 18" are /45 ratio. ( obviously depending on rim width )
Are you using tires with less overall diameter than stock?

Last edited:
First discaimer: I believe on what you say, if you experieneced this "terrible wheel spin" I believe it. It's only that I'd like to understand the technical plausible reason for this unusual wheel spin.
25 pounds are a massive reduction, but it's weight saving concentrated on the center of the wheel , and the important reduction weight for rotational mass is at the external side of the wheel.
But just because I'm curious, which rotor set allow to save 25 lbs (6.xx x 4 corner).? Are you referring to MPP Page Mill front stock diameter and rear Kit?
In addition you are speaking of "low profile all season tires" . I think the correct overall diameter (OD) it's about 25.6" . Low profile can be considered only 20" rims that are /35 ratio. 18" are /45 ratio. ( obviously depending on rim width )
Are you using tires with less overall diameter than stock?
Racing take rotors, which I now discovered to be trash. Low profile tires being the stock 235/40/19, but low profile tires are horrible for launching because there's no sidewall flex, and iirc those tires had a 500 wear rating, which means they were hard and slick, for comparison the PS4S oem tires are wider and about 70% stickier.

In sport mode on the street and those 19" traction control nerfs the power a significant amount, so you get a faster 0-60 with slip start, but it's a very fine line between slipping a little and turning the tires over completely and hitting the slip start traction cut, because when that kicks in the car completely falls on its face. That's why the car was faster at a lower SoC getting launched on the street in slip start, it was easier to keep traction control at bay; it's best to have a little spinning on launch, dead hooking is slower, and too much spin is slower.

Racing take rotors, which I now discovered to be trash. Low profile tires being the stock 235/40/19, but low profile tires are horrible for launching because there's no sidewall flex, and iirc those tires had a 500 wear rating, which means they were hard and slick, for comparison the PS4S oem tires are wider and about 70% stickier.

In sport mode on the street and those 19" traction control nerfs the power a significant amount, so you get a faster 0-60 with slip start, but it's a very fine line between slipping a little and turning the tires over completely and hitting the slip start traction cut, because when that kicks in the car completely falls on its face. That's why the car was faster at a lower SoC getting launched on the street in slip start, it was easier to keep traction control at bay; it's best to have a little spinning on launch, dead hooking is slower, and too much spin is slower.
Good considerations.
I have to say that on dry asphalt I never felt or never experienced traction control action (performing 0-60mph on straight road) . Even with low profile 235/35-20" tires. Traction control (instad on curves) is terrible , it cuts power in a INDECENT way.
my best (easily repetable ) is 3,22 , 3.03 (1ft roll) with 20 Uberturbine rims and crap 235/35 Pirelli PZero.
You can say: " You don't feel it but probably it is acting nerfing power". And I agree.
The fact is that i tried many times also allowing "Slip Start" and I never had better result on 0-60mph.
I have good experience on drag racing (Ice cars) and I'm able to feel the tires slipping.