Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 and 1/2 Billion Miles and counting.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In an effort to help with world recognition for the many kilometers we drive in Australia relative to our population, and the need for greater attention for infrastructure etc, I am asking that anyone that has recently undertaken, or is planning a trip of reasonable length, to post on this thread their to and from destination and the total kilometers travelled.
The information collected will be aggregated and I will ensure that it is passed on to Tesla as data that should promote the cause and relevance of Australian Tesla drivers.

In an effort to help with world recognition for the many kilometers we drive in Australia relative to our population, and the need for greater attention for infrastructure etc, I am asking that anyone that has recently undertaken, or is planning a trip of reasonable length, to post on this thread their to and from destination and the total kilometers travelled.
The information collected will be aggregated and I will ensure that it is passed on to Tesla as data that should promote the cause and relevance of Australian Tesla drivers.
Good on you PJ. Could you give some guidance as to how many kms in a trip of reasonable length.
500? 1,000? 2,000? 5,000? 10,000?

Good on you PJ. Could you give some guidance as to how many kms in a trip of reasonable length.
500? 1,000? 2,000? 5,000? 10,000?
Hi Richard,
I guess anything more than 100 going out of your city would be reasonable. For example, Palm Beach to Campbelltown is 100+ K's but still in Sydney so would not really count, but Penrith to Bathurst would be as it is going out of Sydney and would prompt the need for possible destination charging on the journey. Of course all interstate trips are counted and definitely trips to remote areas.
This exercise will be part of a representation for the lobbying for the needs and requirements of all Tesla owners in a country as vast as ours.

During a total of 36,500 km:
4 x Brisbane to Sydney return each approximately 1000 km.
2 x Brisbane to Chinchilla return each approximately 600 km.
2 x Brisbane to Byron Bay return each 160 km.
Many Brisbane to Coolangatta return each 100 km.
Many Brisbane Noosa return each 140 km.
Many Brisbane Toowoomba return each 130 km.

• Sydney to Melbourne (done) - down via Hume Highway and back via South Gippsland and Princes Highways - 2,300 km
  • Sydney to Newcastle (this weekend) - 300 km
  • Sydney to Cairns and Darwin, returning via WA (when I can organise it) - 16,600 km !

Melbourne to Dinner Plain and return via Bairnesdale, August '15: 890km
Melbourne to Sydney and Hunter Valley and return, January '16: 2060km
Melbourne to Bright, Falls Creek, Harrietville and various wineris, April '16: 870km
Melbourne to Sydney and return, April '16: 1760km

Plus Dinner Plain and back in a couple of weeks, another 780km or so.